PDA

View Full Version : Bug? (not accurate to the NES version)

VEL
12-05-2002, 12:42 AM
I just noticed this. When Link is in the north or south doorways, he can face left or right. In the NES version he couldn't face left or right, he could only face up or down.

KJAZZ
12-05-2002, 01:22 AM
Is the Freeform Dungeons Rule Checked? I think this is what causes it. Because I remember not being able to do that in ZC when its not.

texasdex
12-05-2002, 01:43 AM
How about we let DN spend his time with more useful things, I am certain he has other things to work on. I think you might just be starting to get a wee bit nit-picky. I mean come on. He can look left or right. Wow. This version of the game also lets you use lowercase letters, which (::checks just to be sure:: :rolleyes: ) was not in the original Zelda Classic.

VEL
12-05-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by KJAZZ
Is the Freeform Dungeons Rule Checked? I think this is what causes it. Because I remember not being able to do that in ZC when its not.

It's not checked.

Tygore
12-05-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by texasdex
How about we let DN spend his time with more useful things, I am certain he has other things to work on. I think you might just be starting to get a wee bit nit-picky. I mean come on. He can look left or right. Wow. This version of the game also lets you use lowercase letters, which (::checks just to be sure:: :rolleyes: ) was not in the original Zelda Classic.

there's a difference. If you want to only use uppercase, then go right ahead. But this is not something that can be adjusted in ZQuest.

KJAZZ
12-06-2002, 01:44 AM
Hmm, it's not? Well, I'm not sure, I think this bug was reported a while ago..are you sure its a Dungeon DMAP?

VEL
12-06-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by KJAZZ
Hmm, it's not? Well, I'm not sure, I think this bug was reported a while ago..are you sure its a Dungeon DMAP?

It's a dungeon. I've tried it out in "BS Zelda Remake" and Newfirst. It works correctly in beta 163. I think it was reported awhile ago, but beta 179 fixed the barrier (how far up you can go into rooms) and I thought I'd mention it because I think it is part of the barrier.

Raichu86
12-07-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by texasdex
How about we let DN spend his time with more useful things, I am certain he has other things to work on. I think you might just be starting to get a wee bit nit-picky. I mean come on. He can look left or right. Wow.
It is important that Zelda Classic be able to emulate Zelda 1 as accurately as possible. I don't know Phantom Menace, but I think he'd want the bug fixed.

VEL
12-07-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Raichu86

It is important that Zelda Classic be able to emulate Zelda 1 as accurately as possible. I don't know Phantom Menace, but I think he'd want the bug fixed.

I also think that PM would want it fixed in this post (http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=753034#post753034) he said

Originally posted by Phantom Menace
Good call. You know how I feel about remaining true to Z1. :)

Dark Nation
12-08-2002, 11:49 PM
Fixed.