PDA

View Full Version : Join?

Starfalcon2
12-04-2002, 10:11 PM
Hello,

I had play Zelda v1.84 and soon play 1.90! I like to join development team or whatever you called for ZC.

My first learn baisc language in TI 83 plus before join AGN.
I have knowlegde of C++; I took some classes in college. I think my skills is not enough strong but I will happy to learn more about ZC'source and etc. I took first c++ class got B grade. Right now I am taking object-oriented class, and I think it more enjoy than first class. But I think I will get C or B grade cuz I don't study that enough.

Where I should start?

DarkSFK
12-04-2002, 10:14 PM
Uhhh...... you just don't join the development team. And besides, I think it takes a bit more knowledge than that to program ZC. It;s a very strong application. DN was picked because I think War Lord knew him or something.... i don't know. But you can't just join. It doesn't work that way. =/

Starfalcon2
12-04-2002, 10:53 PM
Well, where I get a very strong application? Have I to proven? Or just can't join? If someone have great skills and can't join?

Jigglysaint
12-04-2002, 11:08 PM
There is no application. Zelda Classic is not a group project. It's source is closed.

Also, the code, as I hear it, is very hard to learn, even for Dark Nation who is the current programmer.

BTW, beta 163 is out, you should check it out as it has way more cool stuff.

Starfalcon2
12-04-2002, 11:22 PM
oh, I see and clear my cloud! thanks

Jigglysaint
12-04-2002, 11:40 PM
Heh, its better anyway. First of all, to be a member of the ZC development team, you would have to get used to people deifying you. I'll think of more after.

MottZilla
12-05-2002, 12:24 AM
ZC is being developed soley by Dark Nation. I don't think he is looking for any help however.

"Also, the code, as I hear it, is very hard to learn, even for Dark Nation who is the current programmer."

If you didn't write it all on your own ofcourse. However as DN progresses and rewrites things more of it he wrote, more of it he knows, the easier it can be on him.

And jiggly, "you would have to get used to people deifying you." What's that supposed to mean?

Jigglysaint
12-05-2002, 12:53 AM
A reference to our Lord and Savior, Phantom Menace, of course!(just kidding, I know who my real redeamer is, and he lives!).

MottZilla
12-05-2002, 03:50 AM
Ok... and why would PM not be alive? Did you think you saw someone with a sandwitch board saying "Phantom Menace" get hit by a bus?

Demimore
12-05-2002, 12:44 PM
Why are you using 1.84 and 1.90??!?!? Those are old, man! Get 192.... It's much better! :)

Starfalcon2
12-05-2002, 12:49 PM
Oh well, I should have keep update! I thougth AGN was close but I found out that change domain so I lose for while. Am I right spell domian?

Demimore
12-05-2002, 01:49 PM
It's DOMAIN not domian.

Go to www.zelda-gaming.com
there you can download the latest version.