PDA

View Full Version : Sound question

RPGAngel
12-04-2002, 08:56 PM
How can the no sound problem in ZC be fixed? I did finally get ZC163Windows to work but still have no sound.. I can't remember what was said the last time I asked about this and can't find the thread either. That's why I'm asking again. Thanks.

DarkSFK
12-04-2002, 09:06 PM
Let's see..... maybe yer problem is that you have ZQ open when you try to open ZC. That would turn the sounds off with the player...... like it does on my comp. That could be it.... unless you don't have ZQ open. =/ If that's the case, I'm empty.

ShadowTiger
12-04-2002, 11:53 PM
What system do you have? If it's ME, then that's probably why. .... Unless you're talking about SFX, not midis, then I'm sorry. I was talking about Midis not being able to run on Dos on ME. The Windows version fixed the problem.

RPGAngel
12-05-2002, 06:04 PM
I have Win98 and it's the midis I can't hear. The sfx, like Link getting hit or swinging his sword, I can hear fine. I've kind of gotten used to not having sound, but sometimes I still wish I could hear them. Sigh. I think what bugs me the most about it is not having to play a silent game, but not being able to test the midis in my own creation.

Zaggarum
12-05-2002, 06:16 PM
Well Zquest is still an unstable program. If you want a stable version, download 1.9 or wait till DN gets another version out there. It is really hard to make a program work perfect. You have to give credit to all the work DN does.

ShadowTiger
12-06-2002, 09:17 AM
:odd: Since when is ZQuest unstable? I have yet to experience a bug in ZQuest on Win98. I've seen the bugs in the ZC bug reports, but those were usually on non-98 systems.

Do your midis (When not using ZC or ZQuest) sound a little.... er... better, than otherwise? According to my good friend Dave K, Midis sound like beeps and boops. On my WinME machine, they sound a little better than that.

Zaggarum
12-06-2002, 07:27 PM
I didn't mean to word that way. I meant to say no program is perfect. No matter what you do to a program (hand made) meaning not done through a company, it won't be perfect. No one is perfect and yes, not even DN, :cry: