PDA

View Full Version : The Wind Waker: First FINAL version impressions from Tokyo!

Petoe
12-04-2002, 12:02 PM
You must read THIS! (http://www.tokyopia.com/reviews.asp?reviewsid=46)
I found this from GameFAQS forums and when I read it, it made me drool:drool: :drool: :drool:
The guy who played the final version of the Gamecube's Zelda about 90 mins, tells his impressions of the game, and this text has so amazing info that you can't believe it is the new Cel-Shaded Zelda (But it is!) I don't know how many of you visit the GameFAQs, but I thought it wouldn't hurt anyone if I gave you a link to the site that has the text. Just read it!

Joshua Milton N
12-04-2002, 12:06 PM
That's cool to hear Petoe and I think that the Final Version of ZELDA is going to kick some butt.

Petoe
12-04-2002, 12:07 PM
Yeah! I hope that people will realize that cell-shading is not crap! You can do some amazing things with those craphics.:)

Cronic
12-04-2002, 12:09 PM
It's not cell shading that most people have a problem with. It's the overall shittiness of the character design.

Joshua Milton N
12-04-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
It's not cell shading that most people have a problem with. It's the overall shittiness of the character design.

You do have a point there Darth Cronic but I think that everyone may or maynot agree with you at all but I'm just guessing any way.

Petoe
12-04-2002, 12:13 PM
Well I have played the demo, and even then Link looked really cool (though he could look better), and I think Nintendo have made some improvements. But the most important thing is the gameplay, RIGHT? And with all the details that were told in the text, this game can't be shit!

KingTut
12-04-2002, 12:17 PM
SWEET SWEET SWEET!!!!!!

{By the way I Love new cell-shading}

Cronic
12-04-2002, 12:18 PM
It may not be shit but the look acounts for a large percent of the overall feeling.

Joshua Milton N
12-04-2002, 12:20 PM
I guess your right on that one Darth Cronic but do you think everyone thinks about what the overall feeling of the game is?

Maybe yes maybe no but who can tell.

blckscab
12-04-2002, 12:33 PM
I cat wait to get this!!!! :)
I just hope it dosnt take a few days to a few weeks to compleate like all the other gamecube games :(

satanman
12-04-2002, 12:41 PM
I think I can safely say:
'Jesus-elephant-raping-christ, I want this game.'
and the simple graphical style should allow huge-ass environments...

*me goes to japan to buy the game, and goes on 'super happy family wish show' and works in osaka seafood concern in order to get back to england*
I knew I should have got a return ticket.

Mario
12-04-2002, 05:58 PM
Mamma mia! What a game it's gonna be!

matthew986
12-04-2002, 06:58 PM
I refuse to read anything that contains possible spoilers for Zelda GC, Im guessing this is one of those articles.

ShyGuy0824
12-04-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
It may not be shit but the look acounts for a large percent of the overall feeling.

true, however it's not exactly the design that affects the game's overall feeling. Halo isn't exactly the most dynamically graphic game on the X-box, however its achievement of the feeling that you're part of the atmosphere as well as good gameplay really drives it. I feel that although I don't exactly like the Celda design, I'll probably still enjoy it if it's executed well.

jman2050
12-04-2002, 10:44 PM
I will say this one more time: The environments and characters in general look anywhere from decent to nice, but Link is probably the GAYEST thing I have ever seen in such a long time. Please, cel shading (CEL... not cell. there is a difference people) is alright, but it looks like Nintendo went overboard with the cartoon thing.

Oh well, this game will still kink butt anyways based off of first impressions.