PDA

View Full Version : My dog

Dirk the Daring
12-04-2002, 11:19 AM
During a trip to the vet on Sat, he found a mass on one of my dogs, thinks it is cancer. I had to take him back today and drop him off for surgery to have it removed. He has to stay overnight, but if everything goes well, I will be able to pick him tomorrow.

Joshua Milton N
12-04-2002, 12:01 PM
Dude when I posted about being at the Ridge Animal Hospital about a month ago I saw a dog that a lump on it's one leg so the vet cut it off and sent it out to see if it is cancer or not so I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the mass on your dog isn't cancerous.

Jemsee
12-04-2002, 12:06 PM
How old and what kind of dog is it?
Sometimes old dogs have trouble after surgery, just like humans I guess.
Hope it turns out ok for you .

Dirk the Daring
12-04-2002, 12:13 PM
He is a Dalmatian, a liver/white one. He is 9 1/2. I also have his mother, who is 12, but she is black/white.

Joshua Milton N
12-04-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Dirk the Daring
He is a Dalmatian, a liver/white one. He is 9 1/2. I also have his mother, who is 12, but she is black/white.

Dude thats cool to know what the age to both of your dogs and what colors they are and also know that they are both mother and son.:cool:

Dirk the Daring
12-04-2002, 12:30 PM
Most people don't know there are two types of Dalmatians. See if you can pick out the liver ones from the black ones.

http://www.geocities.com/~paisleydals/4dogsnewsm.jpg

Ich
12-04-2002, 01:00 PM
That sucks. It might be a cyst or some other benign thing; I'll pray on your and its behalf.

deathbyhokie
12-04-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Dirk the Daring
Most people don't know there are two types of Dalmatians. See if you can pick out the liver ones from the black ones.

http://www.geocities.com/~paisleydals/4dogsnewsm.jpg

i guess the liver would be the one with the not quite black spots. they look slightly brownish. and i hope your dog's ok too. losing a dog sucks

Ultra22Lemming
12-04-2002, 06:58 PM
Man that stinks. I have a golden retriever which I lub and I would be sad if it died.

gdorf
12-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Dude thats cool to know what the age to both of your dogs and what colors they are and also know that they are both mother and son.

Is it really that cool to know the color of your dog?.. I thought it was a pretty simple concept. ;)

And Dirk: Man, I hope he gets better. Thats quite a vet bill, isn't it?

Dirk the Daring
12-05-2002, 12:17 PM
Well, I picked him up just a bit ago. He is fine, thank goodness. It was only $50 for the surgery, and $30 for the biopsy, so $80 ain't bad. Right now, he is resting, and I will wait to get the results from the lab. Thanks for ya'll concerns!!

Yoshiman
12-05-2002, 09:45 PM
Glad to hear he's ok. I lost a dog once and trust me, it's not something you want to go through. She wasn't even that old. Her spinal cord was cracked. She was in alot of pain and was paralyzed from the waist down.

Rijuhn
12-05-2002, 11:50 PM
I lost a dog last January, well actually we had to put her down, but you know what I mean. She had cancer as well, but we never knew until we saw how big her belly had gotten, so when we went to the vet we finally found out that her insides were filling up with liquid. And that she had only a month to live, so 5 days later we put her down because she was in so much pain. Couldn't swallow or drink water without throwing up, and uncontrolable bladder and colon problems, but it was mostly blood, and that was what made us decide that we couldn't let her suffer any more.

My God, was it hard to do...

We got another black lab in August, which we've named Shadow. She's growing up to look almost like Pepper. :)