PDA

View Full Version : conveyors and items

idontknow
12-03-2002, 05:33 PM
do items move along w/ the conveyor combos?...i want it to for my dungeons in my quest

Jigglysaint
12-03-2002, 05:50 PM
Yes they do.

ShadowTiger
12-03-2002, 11:22 PM
What do you plan on using it for? Items can't fall into pits like in Z3. (Unfortunately. Yet somehow I am relieved. :eyebrow: )

I'm thinking of puzzles and minigames that you could do with this, but none seem to be coming up. (Because you can't have a trigger->[either] and conveyor on the same tile. Oh well.

Zaggarum
12-04-2002, 12:23 AM
Are you saying that items can warp too. You know to different screens?

ShadowTiger
12-04-2002, 12:28 AM
Nope. Sorry. :shakeno: But you sure can. ;) If you know what I mean! (Have a conveyor move into a pit tile. But make the pit tile look like the conveyor, so the item stops, but you might fall it.) ... I'm not sure how this helps. :sweat:

Zaggarum
12-04-2002, 12:30 AM
:lol: it helps :lol:... it think :sweat:

ShadowTiger
12-04-2002, 08:32 AM
Well why don't you try it then? Construct a minigame where you are on a long conveyor, totally surrounded by pit tiles, except for a few "checkpoints" composed of open space with a fairy tile on it, and the start positions on it, (If you used a scroll warp to get there, that is.) The Pit warps would take you to a big empty room with stairs in it that would always lead to the rest area. As you attempt to traverse the conveyors, (And the bugs that go with it. :sweat: ) fireballs are shot at you. This spans for several screens, and after that long, agonizing travel, you get to the end room, in which there's a shop, which is composed of good items. For example, a free super bomb, or a free red potion, or a 200 rupee piece that costs 50, making the prize 150 rupees, minus the cost of entering the contest in the first place. And you can exit the contest completely if you use a scroll warp in those bottom rest areas. So what do you think? I know it doesn't involve items moving on conveyors, but it's about the closest thing I could think of .

Perhaps a minigame that uses this item moving on conveyors thing, is if you have invisible conveyors. The Item would be the only way of seeing where the conveyor is. :naughty:

DarkSFK
12-04-2002, 06:34 PM
OH!!!! That is PERFECT BH4! That would work well in dungeons that are based on the lense, you could put an illusional rooms with the conveyors. And have a stupid little item be there. But the only way that I can think of reviving the item would be making a little box you hit that would be a slash>item combo.... and have a conveyor combo beneath it. That would work, but not 100% of the time. =/

ShadowTiger
12-05-2002, 08:52 AM
Thank you, DarkSFK! :kawaii: But items can't respawn, unless it's a heart or rupee from a chest that you set the undercombo to a conveyor so when you slash it, it'll already be on its way. So therefore, I suggest a little floating bubble. It'll pop, and hopefully an item will come out. Works.

And I have reason to believe that "special items" aren't moved by conveyors. I'm not sure why or how. Perhaps because they're more "room anchored" items than the actual free-form items.