PDA

View Full Version : ToastyFrog's Most Embarrassing Game Companies

Warlock
12-03-2002, 04:59 PM
http://www.toastyfrog.com/2d/features/embarrassing_companies.shtml

There are supposed to be 20 but there are only two right now. But they are still funny to read, esp. the Acclaim one :D haha.. Acclaim does suck ass.. I totally agree with the fact that they have never really produced a decent game.

3D0 sucks too, although I did kind of like the Heroes of Might & Magic series. It just seems like it needed something better to it tho. (i.e. the sp campaign - at least in HoMM3 which I own - was way too hard).. I liked the maps with lots of scripted events, but there weren't as many in HoMM3. There was a bitchin' one based on Hercules (not sure if it was based on the tv show or the myth) in HoMM2 that someone created tho. There is a decent greek mythology one in HoMM3 tho.

Mak-X
12-03-2002, 10:52 PM
Acclaim lol... :)

Cronic
12-03-2002, 11:04 PM
THQ is by far shittier (IMO) than Acclaim. Acclaim may not be the best but the first two Turok games kicked ass.

Warlock
12-03-2002, 11:15 PM
Both suck.. I wouldn't be surprised if he does THQ next tho :)

And ugg.. the second Turok game sucked so much ass.. I actually have it *shutters*

WarOmnimon
12-03-2002, 11:16 PM
Acclaim actually made a couple of good games. The Wizards and Warriors series for the NES was awesome. I especially liked Wizards and Warriors 3, where you could be a knight, thief, or wizard. I still haven't completed it, however I HAVE completed the first and second.

Rijuhn
12-03-2002, 11:34 PM
The THQ and Acclaim staff should be lined up and shot.

rubixd
12-04-2002, 12:36 AM
All of those really shitty games for the GBC aree all made by companies that one shouldnt play - like a lot of those barbie games their plot and gameplay sux. As well as thigs made into video games, some turned out good but the bad ones were all made by the same company - THQ. Then end

Warlock
12-04-2002, 12:39 AM
Yeah, I think my little brother got a Rugrats in Paris GBC game from THQ for christmas one year and the game was absolutely unplayable. It was HARD, even for ME.

Cronic
12-04-2002, 12:57 AM
heh, anyone remember "Fox's Peter Pan and the pirates" for the NES?

I've played a lot of games, but that sticks out as the absolute worst... And Warlock for being an FPS on an N64 the two Turok games kicked ass... never play an acclaim game for story is all I can suggest ;)

Grasshopper
12-04-2002, 11:41 AM
I think Rare should be up there too :tongue: I kinda lost intrest in them after they kept bringing out the same game over and over again just with a different character. BT and DK was kinda dissappointing, and I even think SFA is too to some extent. :shrug:

jman2050
12-04-2002, 11:45 AM
He could always put Microsoft on there...

j/k

Acclaim is really bad come to think of it, and THQ is too, even though they have to exist as they are the ones publishing Sega's GBA titles.