PDA

View Full Version : Doom III

FacelessHero
12-03-2002, 12:30 PM
Wow simply amazing. I just downloaded the unofficial demo(yes i know it is pirated but i plan on buying the retail version anyhow), and it is unrealisitc. Even though this is an extremly slow, bugged out version of Doom 3 it was nevertheless amazing. The graphics first of all were unbelevieable, they were practically cinematic quility. As far as I could see there was no rough edges anywhere, everything was smooth and beutifully rendered. The actual enemies them selves are just plain sick. Unlike the origional doom the zombies are actualy challanging to fight. It seems that no matter how much you shoot them they will get back up and continue chasing you,although after awhile i got fed up with this and emptied 7 shells into one zombies head(however i left after this so i dont know if it got back up again. Althou I was only able to make it through a small portion of the game with out it glitching from what I saw the game is simply amazing. I mean even the weapon physics are super real, shoot a shotgun at the wall and the bullets bounce around the room.

mike5000
12-03-2002, 01:09 PM
I havent played that yet, I think I am going to go and download it now! : )

AlexMax
12-03-2002, 04:43 PM
DOOM III I beleive will continue the legacy. Legacy of DOOM II or QUAKE II, I am not sure.

(For those of you who didn't catch my drift, DOOM ][ had some single player levels that were all right, but the multiplayer was ultimately very intense and had a lot of technique involved as opposed to just aiming well. QUAKE II had a ton of single player levels that were interwoven and supported by a weak backstory that did not compel you at all to finish the game, and the Deathmatch was unintense to say the least)