PDA

View Full Version : UT2k3 Questions

Virus
12-03-2002, 12:49 AM
Ok, I got a couple questions about the game, and if you could possibly answer them it would be great.

1. When i got my ut2k3 game, all of the disks game in cd envolopes, instead of a cd case. In the game, on one of the instructions it states to take your disk one from your jewel cd case. I'm wondering if i've been cheated by getting these envelopes, or if everybody got the game in envelopes.

2. In the manual, it the word sniper rifle pops up sometimes, is this an actual weapon that u can get, or are they just talking about the lightning gun?

Thnx for ur time

MottZilla
12-03-2002, 03:26 AM
The sniper rifle IS the lighting gun. Next, they tend to be cheap nowdays and give you paper rather than a nice case. However I didn't buy the game so I can't tell you. I think Flashman bought it.

Grasshopper
12-03-2002, 11:02 AM
True, the word 'cheap' comes to mind. I guess the were going to give you a cd case, but in the end, everyone got these dumb paper sleeves. I got them to.

rubixd
12-05-2002, 12:15 AM
My friend (i still havent got it!) has it ando he got it with plastic cases, for each CD. Do you need all three cd's for it to work?

MottZilla
12-05-2002, 12:17 AM
You need all 3 to install. Probably the 3rd on to run the game.

Flash Man
12-05-2002, 12:25 AM
First two to install, third is the install program for Linux. It also has things like demos and drivers, it also has the Freeware Maya.

MottZilla
12-05-2002, 12:30 AM
Which is required to run the game? Or did they remove CD-Checks in the later versions?

Grasshopper
12-05-2002, 12:12 PM
You need a cd to play. They didn't want to add it, but the publisher made them so there's still the cd check. The game needs all three cds to install I thought. Either way, the third disc also contains other editing software and drivers, etc. Then when you play the game, you have to pop in disc one to play.

Thunderbird
12-05-2002, 02:11 PM
If UT2K3 takes a similar pattern that the original did, the CD check will be removed in a later version. UT originally checked for the CD also, but stopped around version 432.