PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden/Ninja RyuKenDen/Shadow Warriors

MottZilla
12-02-2002, 08:28 PM
Are any of you fan of this series? Anyone here atleast played the games?

I'm working with my friend known as Guardian on a Ninja Gaiden 4. Right now there is actually real progress on the engine. The story and all the ideas are pretty much layed out too. Anyways, i'd elaborate more but dinner is ready.

So what all does everyone think of Ninja Gaiden?

Maverick_Zero
12-02-2002, 08:51 PM
I am a big fan of Ninja Gaiden, and I'm thinking of getting an Xbox in maybe a year, when it's a bit cheaper and getting Ninja Gaiden.

MottZilla
12-02-2002, 09:03 PM
I'm worried that they might ruin it, however, tecmo never really did a bad game now that I think about it.

Mak-X
12-02-2002, 10:47 PM
http://members.aol.com/captiann64/misc/Ninja_Gaiden_Shadow.jpg

I never really played the Ninja Gaiden games. I watched my cousins play some of Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2. I thought the Shadow power up on 2 was neat. I've only played a little bit of NG 2, I think I made it up to the fourth stage, a castle, but didn't make it all the way.

KJAZZ
12-03-2002, 02:04 AM
I played the roms you sent me, Mottz, and I like em. They're fun.

MottZilla
12-03-2002, 03:12 AM
Ninja Gaiden Shadow was the GB game. And I think you mean you made it to the tower of lahja (level 3-2).

Anyways, a few people that I sent the demos to thus far have liked it. =)

Kairyu
12-03-2002, 05:57 PM
NG ruled. It was hard to the point of being absurd, and I STILL love that series. Was the GB game any good? I've heard of it, but never played it or seen it.

mrz84
12-04-2002, 06:10 PM
i liked the games and i still do. even have a rom of NGTrilogy on my pc. :kawaii: and i use some ripped sprites for parts of bar-buddies known as "as the world goes boing" that some poeple look forward to in each issue. but t get back on subject, i never knew aboot the GB NG so i guess i should try to find it. :kawaii:

Daarkseid
12-04-2002, 07:01 PM
I just downloaded the rom for NG Trilogy, and while I had heard that the games were meant to be direct ports of the NES games, I found the graphics were surprisingly better and suffers from none of the flickering that took place in the NES games. That said, the music in the Trilogy version sucks. It sounds like bad Midi recompositions of the original music. I haven't played much into the games though, and I didn't play NG3 on it. Maybe the music gets better, though from the sound of it, I'd put my money on "no".

MottZilla
12-04-2002, 11:56 PM
Actually I agree the music, well, it doesn't suck. It's different. But it doesn't suck.

The graphics WERE improved to a good extent, really taking advantage of the large palette.

The GB game is fun platforming action. If you want it just PM me.

And Daarkseid, when are you gonna fix your damn computer? I never get to bother you nowdays.