PDA

View Full Version : rooms on overworlds

idontknow
12-02-2002, 07:27 PM
can u place a set a room type to an overworld screen and actually have that screen be the room rather than having to set the tile warp to the cave/item room screen?...in other words, could you make a shop on an overworld screen? if so, how do i do this?...u prob have to make the overworld dmap >level 0...as though it were a dungeon..either that or you would prob have to make it a dungeon or cave type...speaking of which, what are the characteristics of a BS overworld?...what makes it different than a regular overworld?

Jigglysaint
12-02-2002, 07:57 PM
level > 0, use the overworld attribute and it should work.

As for BS overworld, it's basically half the size of a regular overworld, and you can mark importent spots on the map.

idontknow
12-02-2002, 09:13 PM
i tired it and it works for shops and but not for the warm rings...and if you tried warping to the cave/item room it brings you to screen 80, and you automatically enter from the top and the screen uses the grey pallet...this is prob becuz it recognizes the dmap as a dungeon and in dungeons, thats where you would go if you had a special item hidden in the cave/item room. This also occurs if you trying having a warp ring on an overworld w/ a level # >0...if you try using any warp combos (stairs, pits, etc.), then then warping brings you to screen 80 lke above...this isn't what i want, if only there was some way to make a fully functional warp ring on an overworld map w/out messing up cave/item room warps and such...hhhhmmmm....