PDA

View Full Version : The revelation of a geek

DarkDragon
12-02-2002, 05:36 PM
I was with a few of my friends visiting the local computer game/hobby store making some purchases when I encountered a group of true AD&Ders - you know, the type with dirty T-shirts mit droll stains, chubby, surrounded by big boxes full of polyhedral dice - and we of course couldn't restrain a few jokes and giggles - out of their earshot, of course. Having bought our wares, we passed them again on the way out, and as I looked back and forth between their stacks of character sheets and maps and my computer game, I was shocked by an insight: "Oh shit," I told myself. "I do the exact same thing - minus the human interaction."

Verman
12-02-2002, 05:58 PM
Yeah dude.....that makes you worse if you think about it.....

Ouch.....

Hehehhehe thats still funny tho.

The Savior
12-02-2002, 06:04 PM
At least you're not the guy who did this:
http://www.xkot.net/images/blue03.jpg

Maverik X
12-02-2002, 06:59 PM
Geez...........................thats pretty bad. I'm kinda like that too. I've begun to hoard manga. I actually scare myself sometimes.

Fiyerstorm
12-02-2002, 07:07 PM
Damn nerds. They all need to be shot violently.

stormwatcheagle
12-02-2002, 07:43 PM
FS, in here, inslting geeks is like insulting Texas in a bar full of drunken cowboys. I'd keep it down if I were you.

AtmaWeapon
12-02-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Fiyerstorm
... They all need to be shot violently.

Is there a non-violent way to shoot someone?

Melonhead
12-02-2002, 08:29 PM
Yeah, some of the AD&D/whatever people can get pretty hard core

pretty cool if you get to know them though

Samson007
12-02-2002, 09:40 PM
My god you guys are geeks!

I try to stay away from computer stores and shit. I suppose this is the only way to go if you already committed social suicide though.

im lucky. I got friends.

Sry. :(

Melonhead
12-02-2002, 09:44 PM
Are your friends you friends because you are popular, or cool, or do they stay your friends because they value your friendship? That is the only way they will be true friends.

Maverick_Zero
12-02-2002, 09:48 PM
I play AD&D not often, and I only have one character sheet and one set of dice. Those people, with stacks and stack of high level characters, they're geeks, now you, I say you're half geek.

Melonhead
12-02-2002, 09:49 PM
Mav, who are you referring to??
Thanks.

Rijuhn
12-02-2002, 11:37 PM
Lol, if they had the ability to be outgoing, funny, non-anti-social, have a life, be in physical shape, and care about hygene...nevermind. They are complete losers and should be tied up and burned.

satanman
12-03-2002, 01:45 PM
WTF's the blue thing?

err.. samson - you do know he was in the shop with his FRIENDS...

Axel
12-03-2002, 05:00 PM
my friends and I are pretty active AD&D players too, but somehow we lack the weight you speak of. I mean those two of 'em brag about making their stomachs dance (don't ask) but they ain't fat. and we all have... how should I say it.... good hygeine...
but yah, that's funny.
"I do the exact same thing - minus the human interaction." LOL

Dirk the Daring
12-03-2002, 05:35 PM
Although I do consider myself a computer nerd, I have never really gotten into the AD&D, or D&D for that matter. Never really got into the FF series either. I like Star Wars, although I am not an uberdork about that either. Never really got into Star Trek, Farscape, but I do love Spongebob, Nintendo, and James Bond.