PDA

View Full Version : Eyeballs

Jamesua
12-02-2002, 11:47 AM
What's the difference between Eyeball A and Eyeball B? They seem to be exactly alike.

Edit: Also, I can't get eyeballs to work when they're on layers. I tried putting some on layer 3 but they always look the wrong way and sometimes only straight up.

ShadowTiger
12-02-2002, 03:55 PM
Me too. (I would have said welcome to my world, but that sounds kinda lame. :sweat: )

Eyeball A and Eyeball B are actually quite similar.

Eyeball A can look in any of the 4 primary directions, and the ones in between. For example, it can "see" N, E, and NE. So it can see N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, and NW.

Eyeball B, however, looks in between all of the Eyeball A directions, so you would have: In between NE and N, NE and E, E and SE, etc.

So Eyeball A is used for those dungeon statues, and I have been told that Eyeball B is better for people who look at you, because with Eyeball A, it's more likely that their "views" will become kinda distorted. But with Eyeball B, their view will usually be in your general direction, and set correctly at that.

As for your problem, I have yet to experience it. I think. If you can provide a little further explanation of your problem, I would be glad to help, as I'm sure would the rest of AGN. I hope that helps.

Jamesua
12-02-2002, 07:23 PM
I tried making a statue with an eyeball combo on layer 3, the layer screen was made on another map. When I was creating it, it looked fine, but when I was testing it, the eyes were looking the wrong way, and once they were fixed in the "up" possition. I don't really know any better way to explain it.

I tried this same thing in a dungeon and the layer was an unused room to the right and the eyes seemed to follow link as if they were veiwing him from the room the layer has built on.

Cloral
12-03-2002, 02:34 PM
There seems to be a bug with the eyeball combos when they are used on layers. You're not the only one to experience this.

ShadowTiger
12-03-2002, 11:28 PM
What do you mean about how the eyeball combo would follow link as if on a layer? It's in the same place on both screens! :confused:

But the eyeball bug I understand completely. My zoras are plagued with this attention span disease, so I just kinda worked the bug into the quest, and have them looking at the door, then when Link comes close, they point up. When you are at their sides, though, they look at you. Then when you go north towards the entrance they turn towards the north again. Bug Exploitation. Learn it, live it.