PDA

View Full Version : Boss key blocks

Teilyr
11-30-2002, 06:40 PM
We have key blocks, we have boss keys... So, are boss key blocks a possibility?

KJAZZ
12-01-2002, 01:43 PM
Perhaps a Magic Key Block too? It could make the magic key more useful..but Boss Key blocks might be hard as they need to rely on the Level Number..or was it DMAP? :P

Tygore
12-01-2002, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't think it'd be too hard. Just requires the Boss Key. I'd certainly like it.

Jigglysaint
12-01-2002, 05:05 PM
Can you say "jail cells" from LTTP?

Dark Nation
12-01-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by KJAZZ
Perhaps a Magic Key Block too? It could make the magic key more useful..but Boss Key blocks might be hard as they need to rely on the Level Number..or was it DMAP? :P

You mean a lock block that requires the magic key? The magic key will already activate normal lock blocks.

Originally posted by Jigglysaint
Can you say "jail cells" from LTTP?

This is why I set it so you can put lock blocks on layers, so you can walk behind jail bars and stuff.

Jigglysaint
12-02-2002, 12:24 AM
jail cells use the big key from LTTP though, and BTW the actual lock for the cell is on layer 1 while the upper part of the cell is on layer 2.

KJAZZ
12-02-2002, 01:22 AM
I meant a Lock Block that can ONLY be opened by the Magic Key, and nothing else.

Teilyr
12-02-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by KJAZZ
I meant a Lock Block that can ONLY be opened by the Magic Key, and nothing else. I think that'd involve rewriting the properties of the magic key. All the magic key does is change the game so that you don't lose keys as you unlock crap.

bigjoe
12-02-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Teilyr
I think that'd involve rewriting the properties of the magic key. All the magic key does is change the game so that you don't lose keys as you unlock crap.

Not necessarily. Just do an inventory check.

Dark Nation
12-02-2002, 02:07 AM
I suppose a Magic Key-only lock block is doable. Not hard to program, but it takes up a flag spot and we only have 7 left before I have to rewrite the save file format again. Adding the magic key block and the boss key blocks will drop the available flags down to 6. :shrug:

Jigglysaint
12-02-2002, 02:10 AM
but it would enhance the life of the two keys, and frankly the magic key is useless.

Or, how about a rule that makes the magic key a special jail key?

Tygore
12-02-2002, 08:52 PM
I suggested this once for usefulness of Magic Key. Make it use magic. (via quest rule, of course).That way, key-related puzzles are still probable, as running out of magic stops it.

KJAZZ
12-02-2002, 09:09 PM
Yes, it adds to the use of the Magic Key. I don't even bother adding it in quests, its a little too cheap with some puzzles, but with this it has another use. And if you have to rewrite the Save File format, you can just do it. Our games are erased anyway.

Teilyr
12-02-2002, 09:18 PM
Only 6 flags left? O_o; ..Scary man. Guess we need to stop thinking of crap for a little bit.