PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Fusion Times

Warlock
11-30-2002, 12:16 AM
wee! I managed to pick this puppy up over the holiday break.. I'm sure everyone who has it has beaten it by now (it's a damn short game :D) so I was curious what everyone's best times were.. here are mine at the moment:

Time: 1:54
Items: 75%
Ending: Best (for not having 100% items)

Time: 2:10
Items: 100%
Ending: Second Best (for 100% items)

sucks, only over by ten minutes on the 100% time :( It's all good tho. I can totally make that up next time I play. I think the real key to picking up the slack when you are finishing up your item score is to make heavy use of the "secret" exits to each area.. I suppose they aren't exactly secret, but they all require the Screw Attack to get to, and they take you directly to another section of the station. Saves ya time from having to go up and down elevators (not to mention if you do it right a lot of the times they put you in places deeper into the section which take forever to reach via the normal elevator).

I also have to bitch about how evil the speed dash is. IGN brought up that they mention nowhere that you can wall jump and charge your speed dash (you know, when you press down, then jump and you will rocket in whatever direction you choose), which is true. But I knew of these from Super Metroid. But no one friggin' told me that you can conserve your speed dash by doing the jump-dash into an incline!! I guess if you do that, Samus will start running again, which essentially allows you to keep the dash going longer (since after you press down it wears off after a few seconds). Bastards! Only thing I had to look up in an FAQ :( I will also point out that the Energy Tank room in Sector 6 where you need to speed dash into the wall to get to it is also evil. God I hate those little elevator platforms now!

Ok, I'm done :D

allyourmoms
11-30-2002, 01:31 AM
silly warlock.. :-P

if you wait and watch the demo movies that auto play at the start screen you can see samus holding her charge at inclines...she does it like 5 in a row.

allllways remember to watch these things. there so cool. the ones in super metroid showed her doing the dash moves, as well as the special powerbomb + charge beam + another beam moves, i dont really remember but they mite have actually showed her doing the crystal shard move (where she uses her missles and gains back all her life)

the only thing in the demos in Prime that is really significant, is it shows you how to bomb-jump.. which is useful to get a few energytanks

Masamune
11-30-2002, 04:07 PM
i haven't been playing my rom for a while... stupid crackly noises piss me off. :P

vegeta1215
11-30-2002, 05:13 PM
Time: 5:46
Items: 82%
Ending: Worst

This was my first time through, and with the exception of a few places where I got stuck and looked up some hints on where to go, I got through the game all on my own. I could've kept playing to get the rest of the items, but I was getting tired of going through all the secret passages.

Yeah, I didn't know about the wall jump or continuous speed booster either, but you can see them in action by watching the demo in the game (wait long enough at the start screen).

One thing I wanna try to do is get the easter egg narrative in the game. It involves getting back to the navigation room in the aqua section after unlocking level 4 security doors, but before getting the diffusion missles. How do you do this? I dunno, there's a section for it in one of the faqs on gamefaqs, but it involves alot of speed booster tricks.

MottZilla
11-30-2002, 05:26 PM
According to the game once I beat it in 15 minutes. ^~

Maverick_Zero
11-30-2002, 07:03 PM
Is that possible?

I think that I'll be getting this for Christmas.

Warlock
12-01-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
According to the game once I beat it in 15 minutes. ^~

*cough*cheater*cough*

:D

MottZilla
12-01-2002, 06:35 PM
Yup. That's how I went and grabbed that pic so fast of the best ending.

Tygore
12-01-2002, 09:27 PM
Pic of best ending? Where?

MottZilla
12-02-2002, 12:57 AM
I posted it along while ago... after all we all were playing the rom 3-4 weeks before the game was being sold.

Parn
12-03-2002, 05:34 PM
Time 5:34
Items 33%
Ending worst

Maybe I'll beat it again

Ultra22Lemming
12-03-2002, 06:25 PM
I don't have it but I do want it. For Super Metroid for SNES my record is 93% items. I believe all I am missing are 4 missles and 2 super missles. My time is bad because I'm looking for all the items.

Glenn the Great
12-03-2002, 11:00 PM
My best time is 1:36 with 25%.