PDA

View Full Version : mini games and side quests

idontknow
11-29-2002, 10:09 PM
i'm not sure which forum this goes in..but i need suggestions for mini games and side quests to put in my quest...what kind of things should i include in my quest other than the 8 dungeons and the final 9th level?...i put this in this forum because it has to do with editing my quest and i need help on making minigames/ideas...however, i do have a suggestion as well, perhaps there should be a seperate suggestions forum, not for suggestions for upcoming betas, but for suggesting ideas for people's quests....for people to exchange ideas about what to include in their quests...i think this forum is strictly for getting ideas about how to go about doing something and how to use zquest...what do ya say?

xguy88126
12-03-2002, 05:26 PM
this is my first post and I wanted to test it out.

idontknow
12-03-2002, 05:29 PM
um...thanx for your help!! i suggest posting things worthwhile reading...but yeah, um...so u made your first...congrats!..hehehe...i've only been here for a couple weeks myself, but you'll get the hang of things...so welcome! :)

ShadowTiger
12-03-2002, 08:02 PM
OK. IDK, Check out TP. (The Prophecy, in my sig.) It's got a pretty good minigame in the form of a coliseum in which you fight for prizes and stuff. You need 200 rupees (OR a HC. :rolleyes: ) to enter. After that, it's up to you. The L1 cheat to TP is BH4, if you want to try it. Go now and see what kind of Minigames ZQuest can handle.

I also tried an archery game, in which you have to get an arrow past a horde of darknuts (Which stop arrows, as you know.) But the thing is, the only problem with it was the once you trigger the arrow flag, you're stuck! The secret only triggers once, so once it is triggered, the portal stays open so you can continually collect a prize. Alright then. I hope that helps.

Zaggarum
12-03-2002, 08:05 PM
Hey BH4! Barely see you around at this time. I was going to PM you about the Prophecy some time back, but it was full... as usual :sweat: :D. Anyway I have to say it is the best quest out there now. Beleive his IDK, the midigames in his quest are fun. I have thought of putting that in my trilogy. I probably will. :clap:

ShadowTiger
12-03-2002, 11:13 PM
:laughing: Feel free to take anything you want. That's more or less why I'm making quests. They don't even have viruses on them! :kawaii: :laughing: It's just a really big compliment towards oneself if someone uses that which you made. So we both are happy. And apparently, it works. If you need the L1 cheat, feel free to ask.

And I cleaned out my PM box.

Did anyone come up with a minigame that they could run by me? Perhaps with a little help from everyone's favorite Halo-ed Puff, we could do something fun!

Zaggarum
12-04-2002, 12:32 AM
Hey BH4, could you PM me all the level cheats to date? I have L4 and L1, but no more.

ShadowTiger
12-04-2002, 12:52 AM
Oh, uh, sure. But I don't really see why you'de need them if you have the quest password, and the L4 cheat. It's cumulative!

But.... I suppose that if you want to see how a minigame is done, I give ANYONE permission to PM me about the password to demo 5. (I'm in a good mood. :D ) The Coliseum is contained entirely on map #5, and the bomb shop is on map #4 in the SE corner, the sword tutorial using my custom Gothic themed dungeon is on the SE part of map #9. But PM me for the password. And I've gotta remember to clean out my PM box some more. :sweat:

On a side note, I just found out that this was my 75th post today. Gee... That's 600 since Oct. 31st. OMG! I wish you all the same luck and fortune. :kawaii:

RPGAngel
12-05-2002, 06:17 PM
Thanks BH4. It will be very helpful to see how a really good mini-game is made. It will help me to put one together. Your game is looking really great so far too. I loved the Zora area, and the secret area is beautiful.

ShadowTiger
12-06-2002, 09:30 AM
:kawaii: Thank you! I'm glad you managed to see each of them.

I'm working on the conveyor minigame I spoke about, so expect it in the next demo, whenever that'll be. :sweat: