PDA

View Full Version : Who's Blonde?

DukenukemX
11-29-2002, 02:22 PM
According to this article (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2284783.stm) blondes will be extinct in 200 years. :eek:

Scientists believe the last blondes will be in Finland
The last natural blondes will die out within 200 years, scientists believe.
A study by experts in Germany suggests people with blonde hair are an endangered species and will become extinct by 2202.

Researchers predict the last truly natural blonde will be born in Finland - the country with the highest proportion of blondes.

But they say too few people now carry the gene for blondes to last beyond the next two centuries.

The problem is that blonde hair is caused by a recessive gene.

In order for a child to have blonde hair, it must have the gene on both sides of the family in the grandparents' generation.

So does this mean the end for blonde bomb shells? :cry: Will this extinction save inteligence of humankind?

Foxx
11-29-2002, 03:25 PM
Hrm? That doesn't sound very likely. Blondes have survived over 2,500 years of humanity with their recessive gene, so why should they go extinct in a hurry over 200 more years? I especially don't see how they'll disappear from Scandinavia since that region's pretty much completely blondes.

Tygore
11-29-2002, 04:15 PM
It all depends on who breeds with whom. If all blondes marry brunettes, then it just might happen.

Or this could prove Darwin's Survival of the Fittest. :shrug:

slayer6896
11-29-2002, 04:49 PM
i doubt blondes will become extinct

Clueless Blonde
11-29-2002, 05:41 PM
My bro was sayin' somethin about this a while ago. It might be true... but hair dye will always be readily available to anyone who wants it. ;)
I myself am a true blonde, but hope and pray that my intelligence level is a lil higher than most people presume blondes to have. :tongue:

Jemsee
11-30-2002, 10:56 AM
That's assumeing that there is a human race in 200 years.
And at this point in my life just having hair, regardless of color, would be nice.

Fatty Lumpkin
11-30-2002, 11:27 AM
Well, of course, eventually we could all become nearly identical, with darkish skin, brown hair and dark brown eyes, but it would take a while.

Ich
11-30-2002, 04:17 PM
Ahh, 200 years. The distant future.

You know what I like about the distant future? I'll be dead then.

Masamune
11-30-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Clueless Blonde
My bro was sayin' somethin about this a while ago. It might be true... but hair dye will always be readily available to anyone who wants it. ;)
I myself am a true blonde, but hope and pray that my intelligence level is a lil higher than most people presume blondes to have. :tongue:

but you'd still be clueless right? :confuse2:

Ultra22Lemming
11-30-2002, 04:21 PM
Wow I'm actually one of the few blondes here at AGN! Maybe that saying is true: Blondes are dumb. It makes sense, there are starting to be more kids on the honor roll because the blondes are becoming less and less!

hellebeest
11-30-2002, 06:39 PM
Blonde here, yes all good things must come to an end,
actually my hair turning darker as a age.
I don't have that golden glow anymore :D

Paradox
11-30-2002, 06:42 PM
mine is something like RGB#551111

SSJ3500
11-30-2002, 09:03 PM
Sweet, im an endangered something or other :D.

Maverik X
11-30-2002, 10:10 PM
My hair is brown and I'm proud of it. I have what I like to call 'anime hair'

Ultra22Lemming
11-30-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by hellebeest
Blonde here, yes all good things must come to an end,
actually my hair turning darker as a age.
I don't have that golden glow anymore :D

My hair is doing the same thing, except the reason is is because I'm on the computer more than outside in the sun. When I was little the pictures of me would have this super bright blonde hair, which I don't have any more. My guess is that soon I'll have dark hair.

Paradox
11-30-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Maverik X
I have what I like to call 'anime hair'
LOL, taking cartoons to real life, eh?