PDA

View Full Version : Beta 179 Progress

Dark Nation
11-28-2002, 06:18 PM
1. All items have been restored to their proper configurations. I may at a later time find a way to put the enhancements back in.

2. Bug where having a ringleader set to a segmented enemy would cause the Windows version of ZC to crash has been fixed.

3. Added a new quest rule: "Quick Sword". Allows you to use your sword again before the sword use animation has finished (like you can in the GB Zelda games). Also works with the wand, I believe.

More as I work on it.

Also, I think I'll use this forum for bug fix releases and the alpha forum will be for new ideas. Thoughts?

Tygore
11-28-2002, 08:37 PM
1. Hallelujah. New quest rules, anyone?

2. I never used the ringleader function, but dead bugs are always fun.

3. Quick sword seems interesting.

2 Forum thing: sure, why not? There needs to be SOME kind of seperation for them...

Nick
11-28-2002, 09:27 PM
I was wondering what that quick sword rule in the second version of 178 was...

Anyway, yeah. That kind of seperation in alpha and beta testing sounds ok.

Raichu86
11-28-2002, 09:28 PM
Any estimated release date for 179? It's looking promising so far. :)

Jigglysaint
11-28-2002, 09:58 PM
Little advice: Rename beta 179 to 180. I know this will mess things up, but some people, like KJAZZ, will kill me when I say that beta 179 is out.

Teilyr
11-28-2002, 10:11 PM
If people get confused between your 179, and DN's 179, then they're idiots.

The Alpha Beta forum stuff sounds good. Quick sword rule rocks. I like being able to kill stuff quickly.

Orion
11-29-2002, 12:28 AM
Sounds good, I've been waiting for the items to return to normal. It'd be interesting to see those in quests though sometime later.

KJAZZ
11-29-2002, 12:39 AM
I won't kill you. You'll die in a car "accident." :evil:

Quick slash sounds good. And I don't mind about the seperation.

Dark Nation
11-29-2002, 12:57 AM
4. Added a "Clear T. Music" button to the DMap edit dialog.

Jigglysaint
11-29-2002, 01:31 AM
Thank you. I don't know if anybody ever mentioned that before.

One thing: how about a shortcut key for "past all"? Either that or make it so when you copy a screen normally, the door combo used is the same. I find that I have to manually set up the door combo for each screen if it doesn't use the first one on the list, which is teadious when making a large cave or somthing.

JayeM
11-29-2002, 02:05 PM
What's Clear T. Music?

I'd still like to see the cset on everything that brings up the tile sheet. And a string trigger combo.

Tygore
11-29-2002, 03:43 PM
Gets rid of T music of a DMap. (Such as .mod) Before the only way to remove it was to replace it.

Dark Nation
11-29-2002, 05:25 PM
5. Fixed the bug where the F5 key (saves a picture of the map) would crash in Windows if you had not already viewed the map once.

6. Fixed a bug where the invincibility induced by the clock cleat and no walls cheat would vanish if you picked up a clock, then left the screen.

7. Fixed the bug where Digdoggers would always return when you entered their room again.

8. Fixed dungeon rooms so that the "Freeform Dungeons" quest rule determines how far up the screen you can go (the invisible top barrier in dungeons).

9. Fixed the bug where you couldn't unlock doors on the top of the screen if you were using the ladder at the time.

More later...

Jigglysaint
11-29-2002, 05:43 PM
Don't forget that when using freeform quest rule, going left or right through a door makes you appear over the combo instead of under. Also, any plans to allow for free movement at the sides of the dungeon like there is at the top?

Qusetonui
11-30-2002, 08:37 PM
Finally, three nuisances to quest making and testing is finally over (from betas 163 and 178). Here are those three "nuisances" as quoted by Dark Nation himself:

Originally posted by Dark Nation
5. Fixed the bug where the F5 key (saves a picture of the map) would crash in Windows if you had not already viewed the map once.

7. Fixed the bug where Digdoggers would always return when you entered their room again.

9. Fixed the bug where you couldn't unlock doors on the top of the screen if you were using the ladder at the time.

More later...

Now it should be a bit more close to the original. #5 was annoying me when I was pressing that key instead of F4 or F6; #7 made it nowhere near the original (Digdoggers never appeared when I played Legend of Zelda three years ago); finally #9 caused me to change the locked door to a bombable door instead in beta 178. Quite an incovenience to change the door from a key to a bomb door in order to proceed in a quest, rihgt?