PDA

View Full Version : a question about shields...

idontknow
11-28-2002, 01:52 PM
for the shield that you can buy in shops, how many hits does it take for it to be destroyed...when I buy a new shield in the original zelda game, my large shield disappears after awhile...is there a way to edit the durability of the shield?...and does the magic shield disappear also?

Jigglysaint
11-28-2002, 03:23 PM
The only way the shield gets taken is if you get hit by a like like and you don't kill it in time. That's all, no durability, just one heck of an anoying creature.

Zaggarum
11-28-2002, 11:44 PM
Either Like Like ate the sheild, or your old NES, messed it up the game for you. :)

Jigglysaint
11-29-2002, 01:17 AM
You'd need a Shield just to survive it when the like like starts sucking you. That or a Trojan...

Teilyr
11-29-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
You'd need a Shield just to survive it when the like like starts sucking you. That or a Trojan... Why? :shakeno:

Blonde799
11-29-2002, 04:00 AM
You'd need a Shield just to survive it when the like like starts sucking you. That or a Trojan...
*falls out of chair laughing*
Jiggly, you're a riot.:laughing: :lol: :lmao:

Zaggarum
11-29-2002, 01:46 PM
Some of things he says... :shakeno: *shakes head*

What would we do with out you Jiggly. :)

Noli
11-29-2002, 02:33 PM

Jiggly... Jiggly... Jiggly... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Blonde799
11-29-2002, 03:25 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I hardly put like likes in my quests. With all those adventurers they've been sucking, you don't know where they've been.:laughing:

Zaggarum
11-29-2002, 09:56 PM
OK, that was wrong Blonde. :shakeno: But you are right, how many people do you think they have sucked. That came out all wrong! :laughing:

fingolfin
11-30-2002, 10:22 PM
Perverts. All of you, perverts. Only Teilyr isn't a pervert because he doesn't understand, yet.... MWAH HAH HAH! (Yeah, it's funny)

Zaggarum
12-01-2002, 11:55 PM
I don't think Teilyr appricates that.

And I am no Pervert! We just got on the subject how Like Like have problems thats all. :lol:

ShadowTiger
12-02-2002, 08:51 AM
We all got that. :sweat: And now I just don't know what to think! I mean, I never knew that you couldn't survive a like like without a large shield! :p *Kidding.* I was just covering for the joke.

OK then. To sum it up, there are about 2.5 seconds in which if you stay in a likelike, your shield will survive. But a fraction of a second later, your shield will disappear. How do I know this? I was testing my L4 dungeon in my oldest quest, and I put red and blue bubbles, wizrobes, and likelikes, all in an "invisible enemies" room. Then when I was hit with a red bubble (Without knowing it. I didn't have my cross item.) and then I was stuck in a likelike. I was basically totally paralyzed, with my shield being eaten by an invisible likelike that I couldn't slash my way out of at all. Try that on for size! :rolleyes: So I just had to watch in horror as my magic shield was eaten.

By the way, is it "Large Shield," or "Magic Shield." I'm just curious.

Teilyr
12-02-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by fingolfin
Perverts. All of you, perverts. Only Teilyr isn't a pervert because he doesn't understand, yet.... MWAH HAH HAH! (Yeah, it's funny) Teilyr is 23 years old. He understands more than you. :tongue:

I was shaking my head in disappointment.

BH4: Clean out your friggin' PM box. :D

ShadowTiger
12-02-2002, 03:29 PM
:laughing: And off I go! :kawaii:

:odd: It's empty!

Tygore
12-02-2002, 09:17 PM
YOu have to delete sent messages too. Check all folders.

ShadowTiger
12-03-2002, 09:00 AM
And that's why I said " :odd: It's empty!" But thanks for the help. I received a PM recently, but my box is virtually totally empty other than that. And I mean all tracking messages, outgoing and incoming. I've only got 6 old ones I wanted to preserve for their sentimental value. But that's it. :shrug: And even when my PM box WAS full, (apparently.) it wasn't even close to being as full as it was a while back.

But let's get back on topic. I hope my previous post helped. I mean, the one before that one. About the likelikes. And my... nightmare situation. :scared: