PDA

View Full Version : Mmorpg

bigjoe
11-26-2002, 02:30 PM
I have always wanted to play a good Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Problem is , I dont know whats good , and when what is being released. Some help?

Dart Zaidyer
11-26-2002, 03:34 PM
Goody, time to shine!

Damasca: The Conflicted Kingdoms is a project I've been working on for several years. Still in development however, but a release is slated on or before Christmas. (but definitely by Christmas, I can assure you of that.) Of interest is that our whole community is sort of like a close-knit version of AGN's finest, except without any of AGN's actual finest. And best of all, the whole thing is free, but donations are gladly accepted.

More information can be found at www.damasca.net but as I post this, the site is down due to hosting foibles... Should be up by this weekend however, if not sooner.

Trust me, there's nothing else quite like Damasca.

EDIT: I suppose you want to know what it's actually LIKE. Well, just think "Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu online, with a twist". Private beta testing has gone over very well, the engine is extremely flexible and compatible with a whole range of systems. The plot is too huge and complex to properly blurb, but let me say it combines an evil god, space aliens, ancient villains, and other such things all together in a medieval fantasy world, and does it right. Oh, and there's a whole crapload of editing involved, from the way your character is to putting your own stuff in the game.

Sorry if this is sounding like an ad, but you asked for it, BigJoe...

Axel
11-26-2002, 04:05 PM
whatever happened to Shattered Earth, that's what I'd like to know...

Dart Zaidyer
11-26-2002, 04:58 PM
Last time I heard, SE was so super secret and under wraps that nobody knew anything about what happened to it! =P

MottZilla
11-26-2002, 05:47 PM
Ragnarok online is supposed to be coming back and will cost 10$s every 2 months for an account. I actually suggest you try it out. It was fun.

El Oso Verde
11-27-2002, 02:01 AM
Ragnarok Online IS back now. The closed beta test is $10 for play from Dec 2nd to Feb 2nd. They haven't announced what the cost will be once the game goes final.

I am madly addicted to RO, so I gotta get a hold of a credit card so I can get some beta testing goodness.

Paradox
11-27-2002, 04:30 PM
the best free one that i know of is RuneScape

Rijuhn
11-27-2002, 10:53 PM
Yeah, Runescape. I got hooked on it again about a 2 weeks ago, because I got sick of waiting for the 3D update, and because there weren't as many fun things to do. I must say that Runescape is the most successful free MMORPG that I've ever seen, and probably the best there is.

MottZilla
11-28-2002, 03:21 AM
It's free....? Link plz?

tgf_guy
11-28-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Dart_Zader
Damasca: The Conflicted Kingdoms is a project I've been working on for several years. Still in development however, but a release is slated on or before Christmas.

You mean THAT Damasca? Or is Damasca just a widely used name?

Dart Zaidyer
11-28-2002, 02:54 PM
We are the one and only game to carry the name "Damasca".

The very same Damasca that used to be presented on Graal, now in standalone game form. 9 out of 10 Graal players agree Damasca still rocks. (the other one can best be described as a miniature Zelda64Gld.) 10 out of 10 people who've never heard of Graal also agree Damasca rocks.

Rijuhn
11-28-2002, 03:18 PM
Here's the link to the main site Mott.

http://www.runescape.com/index.html

Just check everything out, especially the online manual, if you're serious about the game.

http://www.runescape.com/manual/index.html

Hope this helps.

bigjoe
11-30-2002, 02:47 PM
I want something thats online , and that more than one person plays. Is that too hard?

Axel
12-02-2002, 05:03 PM
I'm serious, what happened to Shattered Earth?