PDA

View Full Version : My Project (I'm looking for opinions and or suggestions)

FacelessHero
11-25-2002, 08:55 PM
Well obviously since I am on the gaming board my project will be a computer game. I originally had a greater plan in mind but ultimatly I decided to do a freeware rpg.
The premise of this game revolves around a world which unlike our own is not real (i know no gameworld is real:p). This universe is the antifate, within its existence thing that can not exist in our own world exist here. Land of dreams,etc you get the idea. So basically this will give the platform to include any type of character or land we want. And since I am a fan of the Chrono series I want to use the character from that as perhaps a starting point. Then after this maybe we will see a few appearances by other famous figures whether they be from video games or not.
The conflict of the game will be based on a rather villanous character who realizes that this world is not indeed real and wishes to travel to the center of the anti-universe where he can escape into the real world from which the anti-universe can be controlled.
Here are some of my character(to be in your party) ideas- Crono, Lucca, Robo, Frog, Magus, Marle, Schala, Terra Creation (lavos spawn on your side), then possabilty some cross character but i am reluctant because this would cause major contradictions and their models would need to be imported or redone somehow, Some doom based character - Doomguy, Imp, Archvile, Cyberdemon, maybe zelda based characters but i dont want to push my luck to much with copyright infringment, and of course many originals.
The engine itself is being done in Direct 3d but since redoing all the sprites from chrono, doom,zelda whatever, in 3d would be a large pain in the arse they will be plugged in there as sprite and given image amplifications, gving the same sort of an artsy feel.
Feel free to post any sugeastions or opinions. And as always help is welcome.

matthew986
11-26-2002, 12:06 AM
I wouldnt worry about copyright infringment, as long as your not making anymoney :) Do you have a website or one planned? You will probably want one.

FacelessHero
11-26-2002, 12:17 AM
Yes we do but right now its under construction. At this point its pretty much just an ftp site. We have our own domain and what not from a previous game attempt/

MottZilla
11-26-2002, 12:20 AM
And how do you plan to actually make it?

FacelessHero
11-26-2002, 01:03 AM
c++ Direct X engine. Dont worry I'm not gonna use one of those shotty little rpg makers ;) I also have a small team(it once was very vast) of arists and the likes.

MottZilla
11-26-2002, 04:52 PM
How many programmers do you have and what experience do they have? Cause those are vital to bringing all the other parts of the project together.

Dart Zaidyer
11-26-2002, 05:00 PM
I agree with Mott, in order to avoid becoming the "RPG Of The Week", you need a dedicated team who knows what they're doing and isn't likely to bug out on you. And good people are very hard to find. =/

Menne
11-26-2002, 05:35 PM
Yep, I think I have to agree with Dart_Zader.
If you don't have an experienced programmer, your project won't come far. And 'experienced' dosen't mean that he has read just one book about C++.

MottZilla
11-26-2002, 05:37 PM
Ya, that's the main thing you really need. A experienced programmer (meaning actual experience coding games) that is determined to finish what he/she is starting. Without that you're screwwed, cause like I said, it's the programming that ties it all together.

FacelessHero
11-26-2002, 07:18 PM
I realize all of this. I am an expirenced programer myself. I have not just read one book on c++ and think i know it all, I'v been doing this for 3-4 years plus computer enginnering is my major so I think programing wise we are all set.

mrz84
11-27-2002, 12:28 PM
tempting, but i'll wait to see if this bears fruit before i offer and solid opinions. :kawaii: