PDA

View Full Version : how do i make my quest a group quest

idontknow
11-25-2002, 08:02 PM
i wanta know just that, i recently started a project...my first project...i worked w/ zquest b4...but w/ the older version & i never actually finished any quests...i'm pretty familiar and comfortable w/ using the program...if anyone's interested...let me know and also tell me how to start the group quest...what do i need 2 do in order to make my quest a group quest?...thanx

here's what i plan on 4 the quest:
1. 8 temples...each w/ a different theme and elemental triforce (i described them in more detail in another post)
2. bonus levels...mayb a skutula-like house/fun house...and a chamber of trials that test your skills to obtain keys that eventually lead u thru a maze of locked doors that lead to a secret treasure (kinda like from Ocarina of Time for n64)
3. a palace/castle...where i need to obtain a letter from the princess (bait item) in order to pass a guard
4. many different environments, including: forest, hedge maze, a town/village, castle/palace, a valcanoe, mountains, ice and snow world, graveyard, a vast desert, a lake/river, a large field...and more
5. use of all special items and as many of the secret combos as possible
6. i might have a special temple that makes good use of the conveyor belt...mayb some sorta factory but i dont know if that quite fits the whole zelda theme...so prob not
7. a temple, that when you enter, you will need to have all 8 triforces to enter...this takes you to either the future, which will b screens similar to those of the previous world but will b more ruled by demons and have changes to it OR an underground world, completely different than anything else
8. link will have to find clues and mayb some special items to seek ganon's tower...where he'll have to defeat powerful enemies and solve very difficult puzzles to enter ganon's ralm...once there, the final battle will begin...

other notes:
i want to make good use of all of the beta's new features...the combos, the new flags and screen flags, new items, new enemies for sure, layers, etc. one of my temples, the temple of magic, would def make use of the new magic combos (like prism, magic mirrors, and magic triggers, etc.)...the magic wand is the one major item that can now b used in unique ways; its the one major thing thats been changed by the beta and i wanna make clever puzzles that utilizes these changes...i also want some block puzzles and stuff like that...also, some challenging enemies, altho i dont want this to b impossible, i want a sorta challenging quest but one that will be likeable...thanx 4 any help

Teilyr
11-25-2002, 08:18 PM
You find people that're willing to work with you on it. Then, you develop a method of sending files around.

Raichu86
11-25-2002, 08:20 PM
Making a group quest before you've proven your worth might not be a good idea, since people might not be willing to work with you until they've seen what you can do.

idontknow
11-25-2002, 10:09 PM
BUT HOW!!??...i still dont understand this, how do i assign ppl copies and how do i send them my files and recieve theirs?...

Praethus
11-25-2002, 10:16 PM
Ok, first of all, a group quest is alot easier to do if you have a good understanding of ZQuest. Then you have to find people that are willing to help you. You have to decide who is going to do what and how you are going to decide on things. Once you decide who is going to do what then you start working on the quest. When you get to a part that someone else is supposed to do, send them the quest file and they will do they part, then they will send it to the next person. Hope this helps.

idontknow
11-25-2002, 10:22 PM
yeah, i get that but HOW DO I SEND THE OTHER PPL MY QUEST?...HOW DO I LOAD IT 2 THE INTERNET SO OTHER PPL COULD DOWNLOAD IT 2 EDIT IT?

Praethus
11-25-2002, 10:26 PM
There are different ways. You can use e-mail, websites, Messaging programs that allow sending files. There are other ways.

plith
11-25-2002, 11:22 PM
You already have this same topic posted once or twice in Quest Announcement/Discussion. I'm closing this one because it's really unnecessary. These forums don't need to be cluttered with topics asking the same questions repeatedly. Not to mention that the thought put into these posts leads me to doubt you being old enough to use these forums.

Since I'm so nice, here's a link to the other topic: http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65398

-Topic Closed-