PDA

View Full Version : suggestions

idontknow
11-24-2002, 09:54 AM
i need general suggestions for my quest on how to create unique puzzles or challenging levels and what would make good bosses...i plan on making the story goes as follows: Link needs to gain the triforces of 8 different elements in 8 different dungeons to proceed to the underword; once there, he will have to make his way to Ganon's Tower, made of at least several floors of challening puzzles and monsters. The following are the 8 main dungeons, each with a different theme and each representing a different element:
-Temple of Ice & Snow-An icey/snowy cavern-Ice Triforce
-Spirit Temple- An underground temple in a ghostly graveyard-Spirit Triforce
-Temple of Eternal Flame-A fiery temple in the midst of a valcanoe-Fire Triforce
-Forest Temple- Probably the first and easiest temple, set in a hedge maze in the forest- Earth Triforce
-Temple of Magic and Mystery-not sure where the setting of this one takes place but mayb some suggestions wiil help-Triforce of Magic
-Oceana Temple-Set in an ocean, most of its mysteries revolve around manuevering througn water-Triforce of Water
-Lost Temple-Sky Setting, possibly in the mountains-Triforce of Wind
-Temple of Thunder & Lightening- Set in a vast, stormy forest; dark, scary setting-Triforce of Lightening
So, the 8 triforces are:
1. Ice
2. Spirit
3. Fire
4. Earth
5. Magic
6. Wind
7. Water
8. Lightening

Again, I would like suggestions on different things that could add to the theme of each temple and what bosses and what secret items should b put in each?...i'm not sure what order they should go in either, but i want it so you must find the secret item in one temple in order to enter the next...I plan on having other, special temples, such as a temple of trials, set in some sort of village, that tests your skills; if successful, you'll find a special item...i also plan on having on a having a secret well, which includes "the eye that sees the truth"..i only have a few things done, such as the ice cavern but its not very good...thanx for any help!

Zaggarum
11-24-2002, 09:10 PM
Well for starters, the Lens of Truth should be found in the Spirit Temple. The lens has always been though of as a "ghostly item"

About the order, it seems fine as it is, but I would put the Lost Temple last, becuase, we all know that Death Mountain, is always the last place Link goes to.

You know IDK, you could make this into a group quest. It sound like a very good Zelda quest, that I personaly like.

One last thing for the Temple of Ice and Snow, I would use these special tiles that are at Teilyr's Website. There are these cool ice doors there. Right Teilyr?

idontknow
11-24-2002, 10:02 PM
THANX!...a couple of ?s tho, how do i make a group quest, and where are these tiles that your talking about and y r they so special?...i did already finish that particular level, its the only one i've finished...but its not very good, it still has some bugs to kink out...like i have probs warping, which i mentioned in another post...i sorta have some of the forest temple done but i need to figure out a good way to make rooms with doors other than in the middle; if i use dungeon, i can make doors almost anywhere along the top and bottom sides but when i try it for the right & left, i get stuck; unless i use the cave type for the dmap but then i'd have to use overheads and stuff and it sounds sorta complex...i guess i need to do some thinking...and about the order, i just listed the levels in a random order when i made this post, i wnat the levels to b in a logical order of increasing difficulty and i want the items to somewhat corilate with the level's theme (like the lens of truth which i was planning for the spirit level cuz i do agree w/ ya) but @ the same time, i dont want to give away the special items too early in the game...

Zaggarum
11-25-2002, 12:27 AM
To make a group quest, You should announce it in the Quest Announcement forum. I will glady be the first member of you group quest :D

These are pretty special tiles; the one I talk about. You can get them by going to Teilyr's Webpage. The ice doors are very cool and I have used them. To get to his page, click on the pic of his sig on one of his posts. The way I said that sounds wierd :shrug:

As for the order. I am not real good at this stuff. My suggestion is to put more "pysical" elemtent first, then the more "Magical" elements last. I hope you understand what I mean by those terms. In the case of the spirit Temple, I could go second last.

Actully, I there are any Mods around, maybe you should move this the Quest Announcement. This way IDK wouldn't have to make up a new post. How about it IDK?

plith
11-25-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Zaggarum
About the order, it seems fine as it is, but I would put the Lost Temple last, becuase, we all know that Death Mountain, is always the last place Link goes to.

Have you played Ocarina of Time? Dodongo Cavern on Death Mountain is the second level for Link as a child. Fire Temple inside Death Mountain is the second level for adult Link. Neither is the last one. Not to mention that "the mountains" is not the same as Death Mountain.

But I agree that a topic like this should be moved.

-Moving to Quest Announcement/Discussion-

Zaggarum
11-25-2002, 01:06 AM
I thought of that while I was writing that post. I was thinking back to Zelda 1, and Zelda 3.

Jigglysaint
11-25-2002, 02:32 PM
One key charictaristic of Death Mountain is Specticle Rock, that rock formation that looks like a pair of glasses. In Zelda 1, it was where level 9 in the first quest is. In Zelda 2, it was the place the hammer was. In Zelda 3, it was the spot just next to the Tower of Hera, and it had a heart piece on it. Zelda 4 had one similar on the way to Turtle Rock, but I think it was only supposed to be there as it was part of previous zeldas.

So basically, dependin on wether or not Death Mountain is the home of your last dungeon, it could be anywhere.

idontknow
11-25-2002, 04:14 PM
zelda 2 and zelda 3?...r u guys talking about the sequels that came w/ the latest beta?...i've seen those when i go select my custom quest, and i know they arent considered custom quests, but is there any way to play the second/third ones without having to beat the first again?...like anycodes or somethin?

Teilyr
11-25-2002, 04:24 PM
PureZC isn't my website, spanky. It's Raichu's.

ShadowTiger
11-25-2002, 04:25 PM
Nope, sorry IDK. We are talking about other games in The Legend of Zelda series. Z2 was a sidescroller, Z3 used the ALTTP graphics, (Actually, It's kinda the source of them. :sweat: ) and Z4 was on GameBoy Color. It was similar to Z1, but had a smoother engine, and diagonals, jumping, sword slashing, and other neat stuff that we have on the suggestions list comes from that game and others.

So it's good to know your Zelda History if you want to thrive here, or just about anywhere where games are discussed.

idontknow
11-25-2002, 05:38 PM
what is the name of the tileset with the cool ice doors?

Teilyr
11-25-2002, 05:43 PM
It's not a set... They're loose tiles.

Try looking around a little more next time.

http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tiles&tile=9

Zaggarum
11-25-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Teilyr
PureZC isn't my website, spanky. It's Raichu's.

Spanky aint't a bad nickname....

Anyway I just though that it was yours since it is on your Sig. I better lood around more.

Anyway about the mountains, I though I was sorta right. I still think the Lost Temple, should be on Death Mountain. I would be better there. Or you could desend on Death Mount to the sky! That would work. Still I think a level like that should be last.

IceMan2x
11-25-2002, 06:21 PM
>_> Z4 was released on Gameboy first, Z4Dx was gbc ^_^

idea for the magic temple: either in a graveyard, or setup a town of mages, with the temple as their place of worship

Zaggarum
11-26-2002, 12:57 AM
Good idea. You could use black wizard tiles and white wizard tiles from Final Fantasy IV