PDA

View Full Version : asf>mp3 converter?

Paradox
11-23-2002, 06:47 PM
i've got an old computer game (need for speed 2 special edition) where there's a really cool techno soundtrack. i want to be able to play it without needing the game, since the CD could stop working any day now, its pretty scratched. i've looked for an ASF converter and found a patch that lets it be played on windows media player, except when i try to play it it doesn't work... can you find some sort of file that reads it and/or converts it?

MottZilla
11-23-2002, 06:49 PM
Hm... Once it can be played, you should be able to use virtual dub (vdub.com) to open and and extract it in a more friendly form. Worth a shot.

Paradox
11-23-2002, 06:52 PM
it says VDUB is only for avi files, not sound files like asf.

MottZilla
11-23-2002, 06:55 PM
ASF files were supported in some version of Vdub. Ofcourse, those are the Video files that are ASF. Maybe you should just dl the soundtrack in MP3s?

Thunderbird
11-23-2002, 06:56 PM
How can you guys be sure that the NFS ASF files are the same as WMP ASF files? Just cause they have the same extension doesn't mean they are the same format :P.

Paradox
11-23-2002, 07:01 PM
EDIT: almost same post as below, i tried to attach a file but it was too big so i stopped it, guess it posted anyway.

Paradox
11-23-2002, 07:02 PM
there IS no soundtrack to download... absolutely nowhere on the internet. looked everywhere. my only other option is to hold up a microphone to a speaker and record it like that, but that'd be horrible.

the files are too big to upload here, i might try on my site.
thunder, they're NOT the same. i was just hoping they'd read it. i never expected it to be exactly the same, but i am hoping it can somehow be converted or read :/