PDA

View Full Version : suggestion

slayer6896
11-23-2002, 02:05 AM
I think that every one that makes a good bye post should be banned from that moment on. They said they wanted to leave so why should they have the right to come back and post again.
what do you think?

Foxx
11-23-2002, 02:12 AM
I see no need, although I agree that it's an annoying practice. Members who make goodbye posts and come back soon after should be wondered at, mercilessly ridiculed, or just plain ignored, but not banned.

Matteo
11-23-2002, 02:19 AM
I just think that goodbye posts should be outlawed

bigjoe
11-23-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Foxx
I see no need, although I agree that it's an annoying practice. Members who make goodbye posts and come back soon after should be wondered at, mercilessly ridiculed, or just plain ignored, but not banned.

and to think i invented it :cry:

Jemsee
11-23-2002, 03:15 PM
Disagree.
Peoples circumstances change, and maybe a person has to leave because of no fault of his own, but then later finds a way to revisit the boards.
Too many variables.
If a post of any kind annoys you, just like TV, change the channel.

Maverik X
11-24-2002, 12:40 AM
It seems stupid to ban a person just because they did something as trivial as that. Maybe they should be ridiculed, as per Foxx's suggestion, but not banned.

Drunken Tiger
11-24-2002, 01:36 AM
I dont thikn that it is necessary!! NOone can escape AGN!! :sb:

BUt maybe its not that they want to leave, its they have to leave due to other commitments....

DarkDragon
11-24-2002, 01:55 AM
For a community completely reliant on its retention of members, instating any rule encouraging these members to leave forever is an intrinsically bad policy. As has been observed, 9 out of 10 members who state an intention to leave have eventually returned - even from "perma"ban - and in 8 out of 10 cases their return has benefited the AGN community.

Ich
11-24-2002, 02:39 AM
What's annoying is when members make goodbye AND return posts. We should just encourage members to search for all posts by a user, find the second most recent one when they return (their goodbye post), add a link and a laughing smilie. And maybe do some rent-a-mod style bitching out.

Gerudo
11-24-2002, 06:54 PM
well sorry for changing my mind, when i did make yet another goodbye post, how was i supposed to know thats id come back, again... well, at least i did it silently, and the main reason i 'left' has been resolved, so there...

besides, you people keep me here... and i would assume you people keep other people here as well, and thats a damn good thing...