PDA

View Full Version : problems warping

idontknow
11-22-2002, 08:16 PM
i'm having trouble working in my dungeon ("The Temple of Snow & Ice")...i want have a room w/ a passage door on the bottom side and a shutter door, that when it opens, it reveals a passage door that looks like stairs leading to a second floor. The warp is supposed to be a side warp that leads to the "second floor" of the dungeon, which is just another dmap w/ the same level # and map name, using the instant black out warp...however, when i test the quest, it goes to the screen that would normally b used for a secret item room (screen 80)...i tried changing the warp to a entrance/exit warp and a simple instant warp but they do the same thing...i tried just changing the warp to a passageway warp to use screen 81; it brings me there but when i exit to the other side, it brings me back to the original room...what the heck is goin on?...any suggestions or help would be really nice...i hope i'm being clear on this...please respond if u have an answer or need clarification...

idontknow
11-24-2002, 10:15 PM
I NEED HELP!!! lol!!!! sorry..i'm a lil impatient; it seems like ppl have viewed this post but just arent responding; if any1 has specific ?s on this post, or like need clarification, please let me know, or give me some suggestions...thanx

C-Dawg
11-24-2002, 10:19 PM
If you learn english and manners, they will come.

-C

Teilyr
11-24-2002, 10:38 PM
Here's what you need to check.

What screen is your tilewarp set to take Link to? If you'd like to skip the passageway screen all together, set the tilewarp to the screen on the 2nd floor.

Also, make sure that the type isn't cave/item room. Most folks use i/warp with some effect, be it open screen, black out, or zap fx.

If you want to use the passageway, follow the tutorial's method of doing it. However, most quests nowadays don't use them.

Hope this helps.

idontknow
11-24-2002, 10:38 PM
excuse me!!!..hehe..i was just kidding..lighten up!..and what do u mean by english?...yo hablo ingles muy bien!...que es la problema?

idontknow
11-24-2002, 10:42 PM
its not a tile warp, its a side warp; the tile isnt actually stairs; its a passage door combo and the door is made of two tiles that together look like an upward, spiral staircase...its kinda hard to explain; i'm using the tyles from an example quest, i'm not sure what its call off hand...the graphics are the newfirst tiles (i think...) and i did try to use an instant warp (side warp, triggered from the top)

VEL
11-24-2002, 10:59 PM
Please don't double post (posting twice in a row), if you have something else to say please edit your post instead of posting another.

Teilyr
11-24-2002, 11:18 PM
No need to explain, IDK. I use the same type of staircase.

So, what you do is take what I told you, and change the word tile to side. :P

Thing is, I use tilewarps on the spiral staircase, since you have to walk all the way back against the edge of the screen to use a sidewarp. So, try setting your staircase tiles as stair or cave combos, and set it up as I mentioned in my previous post.

Then again, if those tiles already are stair/cave combos, then that would explain the problem you're having. Stepping on a stair/cave combo that doesn't have a defined tilewarp will put the player on screen 80.

idontknow
11-25-2002, 05:25 PM
AHHHH!!! mayb thats it!!!...i dont know 4 sure...but it may just b...i never thought about that!...plus, i sorta "borrowed" these tiles, so i'm not really sure if they arent already stair combos...hhhhhmmmmmm.......THANX TEILYR, UR A GENIOUS!!!...hehehe