PDA

View Full Version : A pure quest...

Zaggarum
11-20-2002, 11:18 PM
I reeeaaaly like the pure tileset and I am now using it for my quests. Is anybody else using them? If you are could put out a demo. I might, but not sure yet. Just curious. :blah:

imported_Cool_Link
11-21-2002, 12:38 AM
I'm using 'em... :shy:

Zaggarum
11-21-2002, 12:46 PM
Isn't the best tileset to date? Very good guys. Very good :D

Teilyr
11-21-2002, 01:32 PM
It should be the shiz. Alot of talented people made it. If it's not the shiz, then there's something wrong.

As for a demo, or whatever the hell you're on about, there's currently PureZC GQ in development, that'll be using the Pureset. As for a release date, eh.. Who knows. Hopefully soon though.

Jigglysaint
11-21-2002, 02:50 PM
I'm making one, and I hope it turns out well.

Zaggarum
11-21-2002, 08:10 PM
I think it should be the defalt for Zquest. Seriously! :D It has all the new things even for the next beta. At least it should come with the next beta. Like an example quest.

IceMan2x
11-21-2002, 09:10 PM
its not the best, it doesn't have lava tiles, or swamp tiles, or even ocean tiles [as in, tide coming in from ocean] its missing alot really, [alot that i need for my secret quest that nobody knows about]

Nick
11-21-2002, 09:14 PM
That's what the extra space is for... putting your own tiles in. :tongue:

I'm using it, myself... for two quests...

Raichu86
11-21-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by IceMan2x
its not the best, it doesn't have lava tiles...
Yes, it does. It's shown in this image:

http://www.purezc.com/Tilesets/s6s4.gif

...or swamp tiles...
Ever tried using the water tiles in C-Set 3?

...or even ocean tiles [as in, tide coming in from ocean] its missing alot really, [alot that i need for my secret quest that nobody knows about]
LTTP didn't have shorelines, so I couldn't come up with any shorelines to match it. Sorry. :p But as Nick said, that's why there's plenty of empty tile and combo space in each divided section. [EDIT: And as an extra note, I cannot imagine making a quest without adding my own custom tiles. No set has everything, because everybody thinks of unique things to add to their quests.]

And to those who like the set and/or are using it, I appreciate yoru comments and look forward to seeing how your quests turn out. :D

Zaggarum
11-22-2002, 12:38 AM
Thank you Raichu. :D It doesn't have to be a default, but it is good.

IceMan2x
11-22-2002, 02:46 AM
I mean overworld lava tiles, how the hell can you have a volcano without lava spitting out the top

[trust me raichu, there will be a lot of tile changes, a lot but i'd rather someone else make them for me =P]

and as for swamp tiles, i mean all that ugly stuff thats in misery mire from z3, didn't notice those =P just some z4 stuff

ShadowTiger
11-22-2002, 11:38 AM
Umm.. I just have to ask. Is there any connection (In Csets) between the old Mystic Land tileset, and the new one, and PureZC tileset? If there, then I could incorporate some of my custom made tiles into it. You could easily recolor some of those swamp tiles red, to make it lava. But since we already have them.... You know. :rolleyes:

Teilyr
11-22-2002, 11:46 AM
Go for it, Brit. The differences are grand, but recoloring is a snap. :)

ShadowTiger
11-22-2002, 11:49 AM
I think it'll be too big to fit on a hard disk then. (My modem at home is 2K. I'm using the school's modem to upload and download. ) :odd: (I finally get the upload and download thing now. :laughing: )

Teilyr
11-22-2002, 11:55 AM
Bug parents for a better connection then. Living with a 2k connection must be just short of what it feels like to have your nuts slammed in a dresser. I'd go insane with that kind of speed.

ShadowTiger
11-22-2002, 03:35 PM
:laughing: It's so true! :cry: :laughing: :cry:

But my parents are satisfied with Fox, WB11, UPN, and ABC. (And on occasion PBS, Ch. 25, and NBC and ... um.. 2.) So they think that Cable is utterly pointless.

Teilyr
11-22-2002, 04:09 PM
Guess they're not very techy folks. My mom couldn't live without DSL... and I couldn't live without my router and 50 foot ethernet cable. :D

Ian
11-22-2002, 04:11 PM
Then try and get a 56k modem. It's pretty fast compared to 2k.

Teilyr
11-22-2002, 04:14 PM
And winning the most obvious statement of the week award, Ian!

ShadowTiger
11-22-2002, 04:18 PM
Actually Teilyr, ....

I DO have a 56K. It's just that the line is so long, that by the time the electricity whatever. It's just a really, really, really, really long line. And some other things add to its slowness. But don't have pity on me. Have pity for the science resource center where I have to do my posting everyday. Have a nice weekend.