PDA

View Full Version : So there's no confusion

Cronic
11-20-2002, 11:12 PM
I've decided to take this post made in FS and share it with the rest of you in case there were any questions as to why I'm a mod now.

Originally posted by Darth Cronic
In case some of you are wondering why I no longer have those keen little black stars and can view this forum I have been placed as moderator of ZC development forums so that I can keep track of testers. i have nothing against AGN or it's staff with a few blatantly obvious exceptions, and hope that we can all put the ugliness behind us and finally get something done for ZC, and ZC.com.

Admins: To the best of my knowlege there will be a new forum set for testing (3 forums) and I can gaurantee you that the information in at least one of them is under no circumstances to go beyond the forum it is in. Please respect it and you'll know what it is when you see it.

Alpha testing: DN and ZCN will still be working together to conduct what we are calling "Alpha Testing" that is for fist run betas. DN usually skips several build versions in between betas and those will be played with at ZCN..

A. To ensure that the ideas are even plausible
B. So that DN has a back up should for some reason AGN goes down.
C. so we can cover more ground and see what unstable ideas are even plausible for betas.

Beta Testing: Will be conducted here as well as a few other things... All currect testers from ZCN will have access to test here, and all testers here will have Alpha access if they so choose to at ZCN.

ZC.com: as some of you may know ZC.com is in the process of being updated. Admins, I've spoke with Shadowblazer and he will be setting up a forum for Myself, Zaphod, and of course DN, WL, and Shadowblazer to discuss the current state of ZC.com as well as any updates to be made.

I think I've covered everything and I would like to thank War Lord and Shadowblazer for this chance to pick things up and get something done for ZC.

DarkDragon
11-20-2002, 11:45 PM
So, wait... who exactly will have access to these "Alpha tests"?

Tygore
11-21-2002, 12:00 AM
CONFUSION!

OK, I am a tester. I see no forum here. I can access beta forums at ZCN.

Am I where I should be?

Daarkseid
11-21-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Tygore
CONFUSION!

OK, I am a tester. I see no forum here. I can access beta forums at ZCN.

Am I where I should be?

The Beta Tester list has been cleared, as I was able to see the new ZC development forums a few hours ago. I believe you'll just be reinstated when DC knows for sure who is here and who isn't.

Cyclone
11-21-2002, 12:11 AM
Tygore, it's at the bottom of the page, under "Private" (if you have that). If you don't see it, you may be one of the few testers who came on board AFTER beta testing moved originally. DC can't set it up himself for you, but I'm sure you could let DC know and he'd run it by the admins.

{EDIT: What Daarkseid said. I didn't look at the main page before speaking. :shy: }

I myself will most likely still take part in alpha testing. Of course, that gives me access here; the two reasons I am going alpha are quite academic, in principle. First, I can see the Alpha Testing forum NEway due to my admin. status at ZCN. Secondly, I find it much more ideal to test a single new feature or proposal instead of a whole bunch of things with bugs I may not find. Third, I have yet to finish a quest...period. :laughing:

So barring any disagreement from DN, I'm one of the alpha testers. And if you need further info on how that works...well, let me read up on that and get back to you, as it's still new to me (though much discussed at ZCN). :)

Cyclone

gdorf
11-21-2002, 01:56 AM
Cool, I like the alpha/beta stage Idea. I think this way it will be nice and easy to see exactly what features are in each version of the quest, and people will have a very definate thing to test in the alphas. Nice idea. :tongue:

By the way, Check your PM's DC.

Thunderbird
11-21-2002, 03:03 AM
Looks like someone assigned DC to a special group. Definitely helps to clear the confusion :).

Cronic
11-21-2002, 03:33 AM
:homer voice:

Demodded, banned, and then given my own group... The system works!

:homer voice:

;)

Drunken Tiger
11-21-2002, 08:23 AM
LoL

God Bless AGN!! :p

Cyclone
11-21-2002, 01:16 PM
The system is amazing. Heck, hard as it is to believe, even I got banned in a misunderstanding a while back; January, was it? :)

Cyclone

Jigglysaint
11-21-2002, 02:41 PM
Did I make the cut(crosses fingers)?

Orion
11-21-2002, 02:49 PM
*extraordinarily confused look*

But hey, if the system works.