PDA

View Full Version : Wow!!! Tau!!!

Fatty Lumpkin
11-20-2002, 08:16 PM
I saw some more pics of the Tau at games-worshop.com and about creamed my pants! I hadn't really looked at em before, but I love em! If I start an army (which I probably won't until college) I'll going Tau!

Hmmm... can 40k armies have allies? I'd love a Tau with Imperial guard help.

deathbyhokie
11-20-2002, 08:54 PM
nope i don't think you can do allies. as for the tau, i personally don't like them. my friend has them, and i had his krute running form a rhino while the rest of my army tore through his. it was a slaughter

Maverick_Zero
11-20-2002, 09:45 PM
Ooh, Warhammer, I use Dark Eldar. Yeah, no allies.

deathbyhokie
11-20-2002, 09:48 PM
CHAOS MARINES OWNZ J00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
i love my chaos. chaos rocks. noise marines and khorne beserkers:drool:

KingArthur
11-20-2002, 10:57 PM
Ya damn well can use allies, you just have to make sure your buddies agree to them

rubixd
11-20-2002, 11:26 PM
personally i like the Tyranids
hmm...that may be cause i like zergs. oh well.
Old one eye is heck'a'good

deathbyhokie
11-21-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by KingArthur
Ya damn well can use allies, you just have to make sure your buddies agree to them

true but that's doubles play. and i usually get screwed because no one wants to ally with supreme evil(at the place i play, there has to be a viable reason why two forces would team up)
and so i end up playing with another chaos player usually

Fatty Lumpkin
11-21-2002, 04:57 PM
Only when everyone agrees? I guess it wouldn't be practical, since everyone hates each other. But still...

Just another reason why warhammer fantasy's better, I guess.

KingArthur
11-21-2002, 09:52 PM
no, I mean you can play with an army that consists of multiple different races as long as their point value doesn't excede the agreed apon amount, and as lond as your buddies dont mind you playing what amounts to 2 half sized armies.

The way my friends and I play, is that you can have allied units as long as it MAKES SENSE, allying Imperial Guard with Tyranids wouldnt happen, but it could with Marines, Tau, even Orks and Chaos (Fallen Marines and the humans that follow)

My army will ally itself with anyone that isnt totally evil (because they're mercenaries and all), anyone evil being Dark Eldar, Tyranids, Chaos, and Necrons.

Here's a good chart of alliances that make sense except under the most extreme circonstances.

Space Marines: Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle, Eldar, Tau
Imperial Guard: Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, Tau, Eldar, Chaos, Orks
Sisters of Battle: Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Eldar, Tau
Orks: Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Chaos
Chaos: Orks, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar
Eldar: Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle, Tau
Dark Eldar: Orks, Chaos
Tyranids: Themselves :D
Necrons: Themselves :D
Tau: Imperial guard, Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, Eldar, Kroot (well duh :D)

deathbyhokie
11-21-2002, 11:44 PM
i've debated starting a tyrnaid army for the longest time. they just look so cool. and i think iwould paint them with an alien looking paint scheme(like the movie alien). continuing on this vein of tabletop games, does anyone play mechwarrior:dark age? or the originial battletech?

KingArthur
11-22-2002, 02:21 AM
I have the original BattleTech and CityTech, but havent gotten around to playing them yet. I painted my Griffon and Wolverine gundam and Zaku colors respectively.

Fatty Lumpkin
11-22-2002, 09:38 PM
Oh, I see KA.

Well that's good to know.

The sisters of battle look pretty cool too. Does anyone have any experience with them?

KingArthur
11-23-2002, 05:03 AM
They are exactly what they sound like, SoBs, They like flamers, ALOT! They hurt too.

EWild
11-23-2002, 09:54 AM
I play Eldar with the Ulthwe paint scheme, but I called my Craftworld Tia'mat. :) One thing, Space Rines, and Eldar hate each other, since they were the first two races. Also the Tau hate everybody.

KingArthur
11-24-2002, 12:25 AM
Eldar and Marines get along just fine when they have to, they just dont LIKE eachother that much. And the Tau dont hate ANYBODY except for the Tyranids, Necrons, and possibly the Orks, They WILL however fight anyone who tris to take thier territory.

blckscab
11-24-2002, 09:11 AM
I have a blood angel army on my shelf:D
BLOOD ANGELS RULE!!!!!111

Fatty Lumpkin
11-24-2002, 03:35 PM
I've got a squad of ork boyz yet un-painted from last Christmas. But that was when I was getting into Warhammer proper (:D). Plus I don't have enough white and black to get them and my empire army finished.