PDA

View Full Version : charcter following link

Nite_Fire_Guard
11-20-2002, 04:33 PM
ok, Im working on a pokemon themed zquest. As anyone who has watched the show or played yellow version can tell you, pikachu does not stay in a pokeball, he follows behind Ash.

Since pikachu will replace the sword, I can figure out how to get pikachu to attack by replacing the sword tile with a pikachu tile and setting the option so that all swords have beams for pikachu's electric attack. but what i need to know is how to get pikachu to follow behind ash.

(This could come in helpful to other quest creators, as I recall in LTTP, Zelda followed behind Link from the palace dungeon to the santuary. )

If its not possible, I could go with the Red/Blue options of having the player choose between Charmander, Bulbasaur, or Squirtle, and set them as replacements for the lantern, hookshot, and magic wand, but then I would have to have the rest of the quest modify based on the player's choice. The question would then be how to get to a specific overworld map, based on that choice.

zora man
11-20-2002, 04:59 PM
Sorry you can't have some one follow you.
You are just gonna have to settle for the items being pokemon.

ShadowTiger
11-20-2002, 05:35 PM
I think that this quest will be kinda hard. Do you have the necessary graphics for it? I know that Bulbasaur will be a great hookshot. :thumbsup:

Praethus
11-20-2002, 10:06 PM
You could use a 3-stair warp at the very beginning to chose a pokemon. The warp will take them to an overworld, and then don't give them any way to get back to the choice room. You can have them warp, then when they get to the screen they warped to, give them the pokemon there.

Zaggarum
11-20-2002, 10:41 PM
That would be kinda cool to have stuff follow you in Zquest. Its like the ghost in Links awakening.