PDA

View Full Version : locked doors and boss doors

idontknow
11-18-2002, 06:17 PM
can u place locked doors in a place other than the middle? and is it possible 2 create a boss door? if so, how?...i thought i saw this done in a beta quest but i'm not really sure...speaking of which, y is the latest version a beta?...is there anything wrong w/ it that i should know about cuz it seems fine 2 me?

Jigglysaint
11-18-2002, 06:34 PM
Boss keys are in the privite betas, and will be included in the next version. The problem with that is that it can only be placed in the centre of the wall.

As for boss doors that are event-oriented, they can be placed anywhere, but requires a complex system of enemies and boss flags to do. I'll tell you in a sec, but I'm being called down for dinner.

Zaggarum
11-19-2002, 12:17 AM
Uhh Jiggly, how long do you eat? It's been almost 6 hours. :D

Demimore
11-20-2002, 07:49 AM
Just make a door wherever you want.... I have done that several times, and it works just fine!

Jigglysaint
11-20-2002, 11:06 AM
there should allready be a post somewhere that tells you how to make events. Check inside one of the stickied, locked threads in this forums. If you can't find it, then I'll explain.

ShadowTiger
11-20-2002, 11:32 AM
You can make locked doors in the sides of a dungeon, not quite in the middle. I'm pretty sure it's possible. All you have to do is have no-secret noises on, (Or Off. :odd: :rolleyes: ) and have that event thing on. The door doesn't have to be in the middle of the room. You could just kinda tack the door tiles on to any side of the wall, then have the door open with a secret combo. If I can do it, anyone can. :)

Demimore
11-21-2002, 09:00 AM
You can also use secret combos.... TO make it look like the door has opened.

Zaggarum
11-21-2002, 12:43 PM
Thats a good idea Demi. :thumbsup: I'll try that.

Demimore
11-22-2002, 04:36 AM
Or, you can just draw it..... With tiles...... And then.. . . . Nah, that wont work..Too bad.

Teilyr
11-25-2002, 10:23 PM
The problem with this is that the key isn't taken away. This setup works great with boss doors using the kill all enemies item, but not regular doors.