PDA

View Full Version : My first quest... and it'll be a doozy!

Eno
11-18-2002, 12:46 PM
Hey, I'm Eno, one of the new guys here at the board. I'm going to begin work on my first quest... Nuclear Strike (thinking of changing name). I'm making tiles for it that include army commando's, Helicopters, Tanks and mini-submarines.

The storyline is: You are a soldier of a secret mercenary team. You and three others (who actually will have personalities) are on a mission to find eight card keys that have been hidden in a dense jungle, then use them to deactivate a nuclear device in a top secret facility. You'll have to fight through agents of a rival team with guns, knives and anything else you find.
Once I do a but more with it, I'll post screenshots.

Ian
11-18-2002, 02:40 PM
:D that sounds neato!:thumbsup: I have some gun tiles if you need them. I was actually thinking of using tiles like that when I thought I could make a quest. If you want, I could try to make some if you need help, just PM me or post it here.

zora man
11-18-2002, 02:52 PM
Sounds like a good ideah just take your time and don't rush it and I'm sure it will turn out good.

C-Dawg
11-18-2002, 03:18 PM
You know, I think they've done something like this before... key cards... disabling a nuclear device... oh yea! All the Metal Gear games. I'd stick in a yawning emoticon here to show my level of enthusiasum, but they don't have one. So just imagine me having a nice... big... yaaaawwwnn..

On another, less condecending note, go over to the Zelda Gaming Network (formerly Absolute Zelda Classic) and talk to Darth Cronic. He was working on some Metal Gear tiles that were basically what you are planning- trucks, jungle, commando-style things.

Good luck with that.

-C

Jigglysaint
11-18-2002, 03:28 PM
Despite what he said, I like your idea. Perhaps what we need is a metal gear type quest. I think I might have tried ripping tiles once, but I forget.

Ian
11-18-2002, 03:44 PM
I knew I should have warned you about some of the uhhh, non-newbie-welcomers. C is just worried that a n00b will come along and make a quest better than DOY :p j/k

Eno
11-18-2002, 05:02 PM
I'll change the storyline, as I'm working on the sprites at the moment (I actually wasn't thinking of Metal Gear when I got that storyline). Maybe I could make it that they have to save survivors of an enemy attack on several underground jungle complexs while collecting the peices of data for their special project. If anyone else has any ideas, tell me.

Eno
11-19-2002, 04:02 PM
Actually, I'm thinking of just doing the good old sword and sorcerery stuff. I'm more into that sort of thing, plus I have a great idea for a custom boss fight that wouldn't worl in a real world scenario.

I'm still gonna use custom sprites and stuff and make the story as good as I can.

Ian
11-20-2002, 03:15 PM
Remember, try les to not double post, and more to use th eedit button ^_^

I actually think you should try the modern day quest, personally. There are only a handfull of them, But its your choise. You can still kinda do the same thing. Cept you'd be looking for something different. Like you are a trianing swordsman, and you and 3 friends, while training, discover a meeting between (insert bosses name) and his evil minion people. He hands them (insert whatever 8 items you have to gather) and they hide them deep within temples. You then have to collect them and open the gate to (boss' name) castle and so on.
Just an example, though not very good -_-