PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic questions / FAQ suggestions

sparky
11-18-2002, 09:18 AM
Hi,

As a new user, I have many questions. However i seem to find it hard to find a list of questions or FAQ appertaining to Zelda Classic.

I have found out some things the long way, like what the red postion does as opposed to the blue one. Is there an instruction manual?

I have many questions like what does the red ring do, what does the blue ring do, etc etc. I am not asking these questions for you to necessarily answer, just a point in the right direction. I have looked at the quide to completeing ZC, however do not want to read it all as it would take away some of the fun in playing.

Anyway, thanks for your time

Sparky

Jigglysaint
11-18-2002, 03:18 PM
The rings make it easier to finish your quest as you won't die as fast.

If you need a tutorial for Zquest, there is one at the top of the forums inside the Zquest Help forum. In fact, if you have any questions at all about Zquest, the level editor, post them there.

C-Dawg
11-18-2002, 03:22 PM
Wow. What a nice, polite, articulate newcomer. All of you scraggly 14 year olds who can't type a sentence should pay attention to this nice young man. His grammar isn't perfect, but he's trying, and that's what counts.

I herby adopt this newbie, and name him "Sharky".

-C

sparky
11-18-2002, 04:01 PM
C-Dawg, thanks for your compliments, being a scraggly 24 year old whose grammar is not perfect!! I have spent many an hour on the Dreamweaver forum, over at macromedia, (being a part time web site designer) noticing that a bit of politeness never hurt anyone, and can ensure a response.

On those forums, there has been a few people who are rude or arrogant and all that achieved was sharp words back.

Anyway, i still have many levels to complete, and to reply to Jigglysaint i was more after an instruction manual type thing for Zelda Classic rather than Zelda quest. - I think i will try and complete Zelda classic before designing my own quests.

Thanks once again

Sparky

ShadowTiger
11-18-2002, 05:12 PM
Ah yes. The aspiring newcomer. Welcome. :thumbsup:

The Rings halve the damage you would normally take, (i.e. if you have the blue ring an octorock's rock would do 1/4 damage, and as such 2 rocks would remove 1/2 a heart point. ) With the red ring, 1/4 damage is done. So it would take 4 rocks to deduct 1/2 a heart point. The golden ring, ( :drool: ) will make it so an octorock has to take the time out of its busy schedule to ingest 8 pointy rocks and throw up in your general direction. Nice, huh? :naughty:

Zaggarum
11-18-2002, 08:59 PM
Hey welcome. WOW your older than Jigglysaint. I always thought the oldest around here was Jiggly. Looks like I'm wrong. :D

Its cool how you leave a signature after your posts. I have never seen anybody around here that polite. Thats cool.

AlphaDawg
11-19-2002, 12:29 AM
Click here (http://www.zeldaclassic.com/walkthroughs/zeldamanual.txt) for a typed-out version of the original The Legend of Zelda instruction manual.

Jigglysaint
11-19-2002, 11:59 AM
Actually, I'mnot the oldest. JayeM is, as she can be my grandmother.

Zaggarum
11-20-2002, 02:32 AM
:odd: WOW! I have never seen somebody that old on a Forums. I always that that a owner would be that old, but War lord is only 2 years older than me. No offence JayeM, just I never expected it.