PDA

View Full Version : Help with an essay (not with writing it)

Kirby of Doom
11-17-2002, 05:02 PM
It's hard finding stuff on the internet. Do any of you know of a site where I could find information on different things in a book that parallel the author's life? I need to do it on Jane Austen (edit: the book is Pride and Prejudice) and so far I only found a few things like about her siblings, how Mr Collins is like someone she used to know, but that's about it, so I need more stuff.

stormwatcheagle
11-17-2002, 05:14 PM
Ick. Sounds hard. Have you tried skimming the book and compairing it to a biography?

Kirby of Doom
11-17-2002, 05:33 PM
Well, I hope I can find something online, but I'll probably have to come up with stuff on my own. Add some bs, and it should be fine. However, it can't be total bs because that won't be believable. :D

deathbyhokie
11-17-2002, 05:49 PM
try sparksnotes. they're online cliff notes. and also there's monkey notes which are more in depth than spark's notes, but i don't remember the site. sparks note's address is
http://www.sparksnotes.com
you need to sign up with them however. it's free

Kirby of Doom
11-17-2002, 05:58 PM
Sparknotes is mostly a summary of the book (very useful, but not in this case). I'm using the find the biography and try to match things up myself approach. I think it should work, I'm looking at a site right now that's already been of service (Pemberly is modeled after the home of a duke). I guess this shouldn't be too hard now. Thanks for your help though. :shrug: :)

deathbyhokie
11-17-2002, 06:00 PM
ok in some books they do tie it to real life events. ellison's invisible man and tolstoy's the death of ivan illych are the two i remember.

Selah
11-17-2002, 06:06 PM
try google then type the author's name. Usually works for me...