PDA

View Full Version : so many ?s, so little time

idontknow
11-17-2002, 02:56 PM
i have some basic ?s about the new beta that i would appreciate answers to:

1. Whats the difference between the push flags? (and what does ns mean?)
2. what does the kill all enemies item do?
3. how do u create overhead layers (clouds, etc.)
4. whats the difference btwn trap horizontal and left/right? and whats the difference btwn trap vertical and up/down?
5. what do the eyball a and eyeball b combos do?
6. whats the difference btwn cave and cave 2?
7. what does the strike flag do?
8. what does the lens marker flag do?
9. whats the difference btwn m. mirror + and m. sponge?
10. what does c statue do?
11. is it possible 2 change the appearance of the sn when u use the lens of truth? (can u make the black that surrounds your field of vision a color other than black?...if so, how?)
12. am i asking 2 many questions?

thanx for any help

idontknow
11-17-2002, 03:00 PM
13. what does the new door type 'boss' do and how do i create them?

plith
11-17-2002, 03:26 PM
You can edit your original post instead of posting twice in a row, which is generally frowned on here.

1. Those are the directions you can push the block in. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the (ns) means no secret, as in pushing the blocks doesn't trigger a secret right away.
2. Kill all enemies does just that. It kills all enemies in the room. However, I think for some reason it only works when acquired as a special item in a dungeon.
3. You put the layer portion on a separate screen. The parts of the layer you want to be invisible, showing through to the main portion of the screen, should be X's on the tiles (when you edit them). On the screen to have the layers over it, just go to Data->Layers and enter in the map and screen information for each layer. Layers 1 and 2 go above the screen but below all sprites. 3 and 4 go above the screen and all ground-based sprites. 5 and 6 go above everything else.
4. Horizontal and vertical type traps will constantly be moving back and forth either horizontally or vertically. Up/down and left/right traps will only move when they are triggered.
5. You set up 8 tiles for this. The eyeball combos change based on where Link is on the screen in relation to it. In this way you can create those statues like in the Oracles games where the eyes follow you around the screen.
6. In cave type combos, Link disappears downwards as he enters. In cave2, he goes upwards, a la LttP.
7. It's just a combination of bomb, arrow, burn, etc. flags. Any weapon used on it will trigger the secret.
8. It shows some colored block or something on that tile only when you're using the Lens of Truth to look at it.
9. The mirror reflects wand magic in a certain direction based on the way it's pointing (/ or \ will affect which direction it goes based on which direction it hits it in). Sponge will I think just absorb the magic.
10. C statue is like L statue and R statue, except the fireball appears in the middle of the tile. That's all.
11. No.
12. Probably.
13. Do you remember boss doors from LttP? How you needed a special boss key from the dungeon to open them? You can set it up in Quest->Graphics->Door Combo Sets and then in a later version of ZC which hasn't been released yet, that door will be opened by a boss key. (For now I think it just acts like a regular key door).

blckscab
11-17-2002, 04:20 PM
Your name goes pretty well in this thread dosnt it:rolleyes: :laughing:
dont worry, one day you will become one of the pros too.
Like Plith for example;)

idontknow
11-17-2002, 04:39 PM
i dont think i understand this eye combo idea...can some1 please give me a better explanation (no offense to plith), or better yet, an actual example...like a quest that uses this...& what are the Oracle games that Plith refers to?...thanx again 4 ur help

plith
11-17-2002, 08:02 PM
Oh gee. I had just assumed you'd know about the latest Zelda releases, Oracle of Season and Oracle of Ages for the Gameboy Color. In those games, there are these statues shaped like heads, each with only one eye. The pupil of that eye rotates around the center, following Link's position on the screen. So it looks like the statue is watching Link...

Zaggarum
11-18-2002, 12:52 AM
What is the difference for Eyeball a and b?

Jigglysaint
11-18-2002, 01:02 AM
In eyeball A, it detects link a certain way, while B detects link differently. Try them to find out.

You should play Oracle of Seasons/Ages, the link can be found here: www.rom.on.ca :D

Zaggarum
11-18-2002, 01:06 AM
I have tried them both out and I don't see a difference or am I just blind?

Jigglysaint
11-18-2002, 01:19 AM
You are blind as they are basically the same game with different objectives, levels, and stories.

Praethus
11-18-2002, 02:14 AM
I think he meant the difference in the eyeball combos. The difference is the directions that affect them. I think there is a thread here somewhere that explains it.

OT: I like that link Jiggly :thumbsup:

Teilyr
11-18-2002, 01:08 PM
Eyeball A looks N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, and NW (the eight "regular" directions).

Eyeball B looks NNE, ENE, ESE, SSE, SSW, WSW, WNW, and NNW (the eight "in-between" directions).

plith
11-18-2002, 04:36 PM
Wow. That's a better explanation than I've ever been able to give for it. :P

Zaggarum
11-19-2002, 12:22 AM
Thanks Teilyr. That is a lot better than what what the Zquest manual says. "Eyeball b moves slightly different than Eyeball a" Hey Alphadawg, you ought to fix that. :laughing: