PDA

View Full Version : Lockpicking advice needed.

The Savior
11-17-2002, 12:24 AM
:sigh: I just locked myself out of my room, and my door doesn't have a key. The lock isn't really a security lock, it was just put on the door so the last owner of the house could have some privacy from his kids. Now I need to figgure out a way to get in, preferably without calling a locksmith. Any tips before I go googling for a guide?

Drunken Tiger
11-17-2002, 12:29 AM
For my school one, you just shove a pocket knife in and voila!! :p

But i odnt think it would work for you...

The Savior
11-17-2002, 12:40 AM
I made an advancement that I hope I'll help me out. I was able to pry the doorstop off enough so that I can get a card or something through the slot and maniplulate the bolt. Unfortunatly, all my cards are in my room and I doubt my parents would be happy if they woke up to me sneaking into their room and taking their credit cards...

AtmaWeapon
11-17-2002, 12:46 AM
I cannot link to it, but if you were to somehow find the MIT guide to picking locks *ahem*Which I found a link to somewhere among the documents AlexMax loves at a website in his sig. *ahem*,it may help you.

Only problem is you need a way to construct a lock pick and a torque wrench. I have something I can use as a torque wrench, but the pick is proving difficult, so I've never tried this stuff out.

Paradox
11-17-2002, 01:02 AM
what kind of lock is it? if it's the typical doorknob lock with a little hole on the other side of the press-button lock then just take a straight paperclip or something and push it in the hole, theres a little thing it'd catch on to push to unlock.

The Savior
11-17-2002, 01:10 AM
Woot, I got it! What I ended up doing was separating the door stop about 3/4 of an inch from the molding, and then slowing pushing the bolt back into the door with a hacksaw blade. I tried picking the lock, but most of the good things to pick with were behind the door, lol. Thanks for the advice, Atma, that guide was very informative, I might try out picking as a hobby in the hear future.

Paradox - Nope, it was a normal lock with a keyhole on one side and a knob on the other, no dummy hole.

deathbyhokie
11-17-2002, 01:18 AM
excellent. that guide will prove usefull to get in the old boiler room downstairs so we can get in the old steam tunnels

gdorf
11-17-2002, 02:15 AM
http://www.howstuffworks.com/lock-picking.htm

Thats another very fun page I think you guys'll enjoy. :)

Thunderbird
11-17-2002, 04:29 AM
I've had to unlock the bathroom door from the outside at least once. I just use a screwdriver (there's a little screw on the doorknob that can unlock the door from the outside ;)).

Drunken Tiger
11-17-2002, 04:38 AM
I tend to lock myself in my bathroom, you never know with the freaks i live with!! :scared:

deathbyhokie
11-17-2002, 04:39 AM
my roommate leaves his keys in the room all the time. and then i leave to go do something, and he's locked out. it's pretty comical

slayer6896
11-17-2002, 04:51 AM
lock picking if fun if your good at it and could be very helpful.

inori
11-17-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by slayer6896
lock picking if fun if your good at it and could be very helpful.

slayer6896, that's borderline spam... please try to post more substantiatively in the future. :kawaii:

goKi
11-17-2002, 07:33 AM
the rooms at my grandparent's place are these stupid little things you push down.. they locked themselves out of a room once, and all that i needed to do to get it open (i was there at the time) was to jerk the handle up and down a few times... stupid locks.

Ultra22Lemming
11-17-2002, 09:32 AM
You didn't even need to pick at the lock! All you need was a ladder and a rock and go *SMASHY SMASHY* at the window! Wow! What will I come up with next ...

AtmaWeapon
11-17-2002, 10:33 AM
But going smashy smashy costs money. He probably did not want to have to buy another window.

deathbyhokie
11-17-2002, 03:53 PM
heh, i can remember ibis opening doors with "the magic foot".band doors, the doors to the thorton house, and a couple others i can't remember

AlexMax
11-17-2002, 09:25 PM
http://www.textfiles.com/anarchy/LOCKPICKING/

Nuff said.

And for the actual MIT guide...

http://www.textfiles.com/anarchy/LOCKPICKING/mitguide.txt

T-Files are awesome. Admit it.

Mini-Me
11-17-2002, 09:31 PM
HAHA Ur 2nd link says ...anarchy/LO...NG/mitguide...

funny .. LONG haha

ok..neways.. I wish I had a good lockpicking set....

I keep a spare key inside a big stereo system tape player thing right outside the door, so I don't have to worry bout bein locked out. :D