PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Title screen pictures

Eno
11-16-2002, 02:21 PM
Hey, I'm Eno, a new guy to this board. I'm working on a quest at the moment and I need some tiles for a title screen. I've made my own in MSPaint but I whenever I put them into it, the palletes screw them up. Does anyone know how I can make title screen tiles show up the way I want them to or can make me a title screen that works, then by all means post here.

Teilyr
11-16-2002, 02:50 PM
Well, first thing I could think to tell you is.. When you draw you title screens in MSPaint, make sure that they're 16 color bmps. Once you've confirmed that, go ahead and draw yout title.

Then, when you rip the tiles, rip the palette of the title screen also. :) This way, you can opt to give it its own palette, which will end up being a huge time saver in the long run.

C-Dawg
11-16-2002, 06:14 PM
This doesnt work so well. Even in 16 bit color mode, the pallettes dont always line up correctly in Zquest... as to why, I couldnt tell ya. Fucking paint.

-C

ZeldaLord
11-16-2002, 07:46 PM
Make them in Zquest, it's the easiest way.

Eno
11-16-2002, 08:40 PM
Well, I've tried the 16 colour thing and thats no use, and I'm no good at making things other than characters or monsters in Zquest. I need either someone with a full proof way to import them from MSPaint or someone to make one for me.

zora man
11-16-2002, 08:45 PM
I would suggest just doing the out lines in paint and coloring it in zq.

*b*
11-16-2002, 09:08 PM
try IDraw 3, that works wonders for me ;)

Zaggarum
11-16-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Eno
Well, I've tried the 16 colour thing and thats no use, and I'm no good at making things other than characters or monsters in Zquest. I need either someone with a full proof way to import them from MSPaint or someone to make one for me.

Your British aren't you. I am just guessing becuase of the way you spell color.

To help you out, make sure you have the right colors in you palettes. When you create the title screen on paint and then grab the drawing on Zquest, the colors used will be from the palletes of your quest. Make sense?