PDA

View Full Version : rgb 60hz?

Tom
11-16-2002, 10:00 AM
AAAAAAAAGHH can someone help me. When I use an rgb cable all the colour and brightness settings go funny. I also heard this thing that you can hold b to put some games in 60hz mode but the colours are a bit funny on some parts. I think its mostly red. HELP ME!!!

satanman
11-16-2002, 10:32 AM
how about telling us: Game, console, Type of TV, etc...

Tom
11-16-2002, 10:36 AM
gamecube, super mario sunshine and super smash bros melee because they are the games that work with 60hz mode when you hold b and what do you mean by type of tv

Ian
11-16-2002, 10:45 AM
he means like sony and stuff. You don't need to use the rbg cables. I never use them, and it works perfect. Unless your gonna cry over the tiniest bit of choppyness ever.

Tom
11-16-2002, 10:47 AM
Toshiba and i will cry over it i wasted my money

satanman
11-16-2002, 10:48 AM
wow.. I've got both those games! (only ones I've got :P )

does the TV actually support 60Hz?

My TV has a seperate thing for RGB SCART, I'm not sure why, since my DVD player works fine and I think that's RGB.

I haven't got a GC RGB cable, so the help I can provide is limited, but have you tried adjusting the colour settings on the TV?

Can I take it from the u in colour that your british then? :p

Tom
11-16-2002, 11:00 AM
My tv has 4 different colour and brightness settings dynamic, mild, standard and memory. As the colours and brightness changed with the rgb cable I changed the memory ones to make it back to normal but i couldnt get it exactly back to normal. What to do? what to do?

Ian
11-16-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Tom
My tv has 4 different colour and brightness settings dynamic, mild, standard and memory. As the colours and brightness changed with the rgb cable I changed the memory ones to make it back to normal but i couldnt get it exactly back to normal. What to do? what to do?

Stop using the blasted cables. they aren't essential to your gaming, so stop crying over something microscopic. The TV i use for my GCN is over 10 years old, and I have not once had a problem with the picture, and i don't use those stupid cables. When you don't use the cables, the picture should go back to normal.

MottZilla
11-17-2002, 06:05 PM
From my understand of europe's recent games, your TV just needs to support 60hz and you activate it in the game. Soul Calibur on dreamcast does it. The RGB cable for playing NTSC games like, for PSX, is different. And About the hz difference, it's NOT choppy, it actually moves slower (in alot of cases).