PDA

View Full Version : I wan't a herb.

zora man
11-16-2002, 12:25 AM
I wan't to be able to give this sick man in my quest a herb and he will give you a special item I don't wan't to use the feed the gorilya thingy or a letter to open the potion shop.
Any ideahs?:reading:

Cloral
11-16-2002, 05:26 AM
You could use a complex event triggering scheme.

C-Dawg
11-16-2002, 01:41 PM
Cloral, thats about as descriptive as me licking my thigh in responce to his question.

Ok Zora, here's what you want to do.

1) On the Herb Screen, have a tile that looks like the Herb item sitting on the ground but is really a pit warp. Set tile warp to Duplicate Herb Screen. Put a Secret flag on top of the pit warp tile. Set this Secret to be a normal floor tile. Put a trigger enemy on the screen. Set "Enemy->Secrets" and "Boss".

You will need a few screens :
Herb Screen
Duplicate Herb Screen
Sick Man Screen
Conversation Screen 1
Conversation Screen 2
Cure Screen 1

Ensure the LEVEL NUMBER for all of these screens is identical. Ensure they are all on Cave or Dungeon Dmaps. Finally, ensure that when link walks into the Herb Screen and Sick Man Screens, he does so using a normal side scrolling action... these tricks will NOT work if Link warps into the screen using ANY special warps under the Tile Warp or Side Warp screens.

2) On the Duplicate Herb Screen, set pit warps all around the location at which Link will arrive on the screen. Set the tile warp to the Herb Screen. Set the Screen item on the Duplicate Herb Screen to be "Kill All Enemies" and set it at the location at which Link will arrive. Put a Trigger enemy on this screen. Set the "Boss " enemy flag.

On Layers 3 and above, draw a duplicate picture of the Herb Screen and have Link standing on it holding up the Herb. Perhaps add some text : "You have found the cronic!"

3) On the Sick Man screen, have a pit warp next to the sick person which looks just like the floor. Set a Secret Flag on the pit combo. Set this Secret Combo to be a Stair combo, identical to the pit combo. Set "Enemy->Secrets" and "Boss ". Place a Trigger enemy on the screen. Set the tile warp to be Conversation Screen 1.

4) On Conversation Screen 1, put a Convayer combo within the wall, directly against the side of the screen. Make sure the convayer points directly off of the screen. Set the tile warp to go to Conversation Screen 2, and set the Side Warp IN THE DIRECTION OF THE CONVAYER to go to Cure Screen 1. Place the blue square on the convayer. Cover up the convayer combo with Layers.

5) Conversation Screen 2 is a duplicate of COnversation Screen 1 and will contain the conversation Link has with the man when he DOES NOT have the herb.

6) Cure Screen 1 is a duplicated of Conversation Screen 1 and will contain the conversation Link has with the man when he DOES have the Herb. Put the item you want him to get here.

-C

zora man
11-16-2002, 03:05 PM
:D Thanks C-dawg.
I learned from the best.
This is more complicated then I thought but I'm sure once I get the hang of it I will be able to do great things with this trick. :confuse2: :reading: :D

Zaggarum
11-16-2002, 10:16 PM
I did this thing and I it only took me a few minutes to do it. You can do that way or an easier way. I can see why you would do it this way if you want the man to sand up and talk to you after you give him the herb.

zora man
11-16-2002, 11:10 PM
Well of cours I wan't him to stand up and talk after I give him the herb he's got to pay me ya know.:blah:

Zaggarum
11-16-2002, 11:39 PM
Exactly! This post is a perfect example of Spam! :blah: