View Full Version : Work...

Fairy
11-15-2002, 04:06 PM
Why is it the jobs you want you can't get and the jobs you get you don't want...:confuse2:

Jigglysaint
11-15-2002, 04:12 PM
People make the wrong choices half the time, and end up mesing their future. It also that sometimes people just arn't motivated to find their dream job, so they push a mop at the McDonalds.

Rose
11-15-2002, 04:14 PM
umm yeah thats true they do mess there future up big time or sometimes

DarkPanther
11-15-2002, 04:47 PM
...hasn't happened to me yet. :tongue: Then again I haven't even been formally interviewed for a job either. Both real jobs I've had I've had an inside advantage and my bosses were just like, "Screw it, I'm too busy, you're hired. Start tomorrow." :D

Lilith
11-15-2002, 05:09 PM
Because life sucks.

El Oso Verde
11-15-2002, 05:36 PM
I got hired on the spot at Gamestop, and then laid off for no good reason. Sweet Jesus that pissed me off. The bastards didn't even feel the need to train me. Jackass AM just sat around talking on the phone all day.

Ultra22Lemming
11-15-2002, 07:49 PM
Well then the econmy would go into wrecks! 1/2 of the population would want to be astronauts and no one would want to be Jauneters! I spelle lik Hrose sweet in a buacket!

hellebeest
11-15-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by jigglysaint
[quoteIt also that sometimes people just arn't motivated to find their dream job, so they push a mop at the McDonalds.[/quote]

I send plenty of letters to companies,
all of them send almost the same reply:
"Sorry your profile doesn't fit what we seek"
WTF is that :mad:

stormwatcheagle
11-15-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Ultra22Lemming
Well then the econmy would go into wrecks! 1/2 of the population would want to be astronauts and no one would want to be Jauneters! I spelle lik Hrose sweet in a buacket!

I'll go collonize pluto, and you mop up the spill in the restroom ok?

Money. Money rues all. All people want it. Fast. So, they go for the first job they see. Throw in a bad ecnomy, and you have my theory on why people get dead end jobs.

Ich
11-15-2002, 09:13 PM
It is not how intelligent you are, but what you do with your intelligence. People want to be astronaut, but would refuse to take the high level courses required of being one. You have to be fucking smart to be an astronaut, and it's just easier to push a mop. Now that I'm 16 though, I'm gonna try and get a job at the Yummi Gummi Zoo, where they sell Gummy Bears and I used to go when I was a little kid and thought that 1$ was a lot of money (enough to buy .2 lbs of gummi bears!).

Maverik X
11-15-2002, 11:44 PM
I wish I could get the job that I want. However, the places that sell anime and video games aren't hiring.

Drunken Tiger
11-16-2002, 01:01 AM
Maybe its because you have high expectations but youre not working hard enough to fulfill them.... :shrug:

gdorf
11-16-2002, 03:02 AM
"You have a very good resume, in fact, you may be overqualified! We'll put your papers on file and get back to you soon"

I don'nt know what movie thats from, but I liked it. :tongue:

Mini-Me
11-16-2002, 06:19 PM
BECAUSE YOU WORK AT WALMART!!!!!!!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

..She really does, too!! hahahahahaha..funny..

Ultra22Lemming
11-17-2002, 10:09 AM
Let's see when I was growing up I thought math was so much fun so I wanted to do a job where math and computers mix! I have good math skills for my age, but then as I grew up I found that math got such much more boring. So now I don't know what I want to be.

Ibis, God of Magicks
11-17-2002, 10:27 AM
Hey. Money is Money. Does it really matter where you get it from? Work is work. Work is crap.

Now a career, on the other hand, should be something you enjoy.