PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

Elemental Knight
11-15-2002, 03:11 PM
Aren't holidays fun? I get to sit in the minivan (for once, our own instead of a rental) with my little sister (7) and brother (4) for about 24-36 hours as we drive up to Minnesota to meet with other relatives, including Jimmy (cousin, 14), Daniel (12) and Molly (10), not to mention whoever else in the family tree feels inclined to come.

So, I figure I better bring some entertainment. I've already got a nice novel picked out (One Door away from Heaven, Koontz), but I figured I should round it out with some games for the ol' GBA.

I've got my eye on either Metroid Fusion, Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, or Mega Man Zero. They'll all be out in time for me to grab them before we leave (the Monday before Thanksgiving), but I'll probably only grab one of the three and save the other two for Christmas.

So... Vote!

Dart Zaidyer
11-15-2002, 03:24 PM
I recommend getting Metroid Fusion. It simply rocks, and you'll be playing again and again and again until you get 100% AND the fastest ending. Perfect way to spend a long trip.

deathbyhokie
11-15-2002, 03:28 PM
yeah. get fusion. as for my turkey day plans, they include large amounts of food and football.

Mak-X
11-15-2002, 03:38 PM
Hmm, long car trip of 24+ hours... I got Metroid II: Return of Samus for a 7 hour car ride and beat it when I arrived at my aunt's house. So I guess pick something long, or at least really enjoyable.

For my Thanksgiving break, I plan to play Zelda: Majora's Mask again for the second time.

MottZilla
11-15-2002, 05:39 PM
I suggest you get Fusion, but it's alittle short so if you can, maybe get CV too.

WarOmnimon
11-15-2002, 07:04 PM
Buy Metroid Fusion. Pick up Megaman Zero as backup if you finish fast.

stormwatcheagle
11-15-2002, 08:51 PM
Buy...

A turkey. Honestly, i would get MMZ, but i'm a megaman fan.

Elemental Knight
11-15-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
I suggest you get Fusion, but it's alittle short so if you can, maybe get CV too.

I currently have $82 in my wallet, so buying two isn't out of the question. I'd just perfer not to, since I can get 'em for free in about a month.

Ian
11-15-2002, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't get MF. I find it's way too short. Get C:HoD or MMZ. those would be my picks, but personally, I'd rather MMZ.

El Oso Verde
11-15-2002, 09:21 PM
I've played all three, and I'd say get Metroid Fusion or Castlevania HoD first.

I've been a long time Megaman fan, and MMZ is ok, but not spectacular. In my opinion the other two games are much much better and a lot more fun as well. MMZ just seemed much too easy at some parts and much too hard at others, and was just a little boring all around.

I'd say if you liked Super Metroid, or any of the Castlevania games, I reccomend going with the one you prefer. I never liked the older Castlevania games (I haven't played SOTN so don't yell at me), but the two GBA castlevania games were surprisingly fun for me.

Ultra22Lemming
11-15-2002, 09:23 PM
I say buy Mario Party 4! It is a good game. I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want it. Hehe, know not only am I ganna spell avatar advatar I'm ganna spell realy really MWAH HAHAHA!!!!

Oh and if you bothered reading all those really's you may be expierencing some signs of the disease known as "Reading".

El Oso Verde
11-15-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Ultra22Lemming
I say buy Mario Party 4! It is a good game. I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want it. Hehe, know not only am I ganna spell avatar advatar I'm ganna spell realy really MWAH HAHAHA!!!!

Oh and if you bothered reading all those really's you may be expierencing some signs of the disease known as "Reading".

Smoked crack lately?