PDA

View Full Version : Layers?

NeoPuff
11-15-2002, 02:37 PM
What are layers? the only thing i do know about them is i you press page-up in Zquest you are on the layer screen :confuse2:

zora man
11-15-2002, 05:49 PM
Okay I will not only tell you what layers are but I will tell you how to use them.
layer 0 is the main layer what you walk on.Layer 1 and 2 will go over the main layer but you can still walk on it.Layer 3 and 4 go over layer 1 and 2 you can walk under it and no matter how solid it is it will not effect walkability(and enemy can go over it).
Layer 5 and 6 go over almost every thing except strings and walkability won't effect you either.

How to use them.
Easy just go to date/layers and set the layer data(map and screen number) you wan't it to be.
The transparency effect will blend the layers you have selected into all layers of a lower number.

Hope I told you everything if you have questions just ask.
Oh and when you press page up all those little boxes are for is to turn layers on and off.And if you click on a circle it will then be filled in that means you are working on the selected layer(if it is activated).

NeoPuff
11-16-2002, 03:06 AM
Thanks,i am gonna try it now! :thumbsup:

EDIT: i don't understand all that fricki*g numbers! :angry:
Without harshness i don't get how the numbers work :confuse2:

Teilyr
11-16-2002, 04:24 AM
http://teilyr.netfirms.com/layers.GIF

6 things you don't need to worry about right now, as I'm fairly sure they don't work in 163.

Those things are X Sz, X Spd, X Dly, Y Sz, Y Spd, and Y Dly. Eventually, you'll be able to fully customize your layers using those settings. But for now, let's just focus on the 3 things that do something.

Map - This is the map # with the layers that you want to use on the screen that you're on.

Scrn - This is the screen # with the layers that you want to use on the screen that you're on.

Trans - Checking this box makes the specified layer translucent.

If you understand how to use layers, then all of those fields should make perfect sense.

Zaggarum
11-16-2002, 10:19 PM
oh and don't forget to hit the b key on your keyboard. If somehow you mess up the translucent board. I don't know how I did but when I tried to use translucent the colors were screwy. Don't forget that.

What's the difference between transparent and translucent? Just curious.

Eno
11-20-2002, 12:19 PM
This seems useful. Does anyone use it for their titles?

Teilyr
11-20-2002, 12:25 PM
Of course. Titles are SO much easier with layers.. when compared to 1.90, anyway.

Honestly, I don't know anyone that doesn't use layers for a title screen.