PDA

View Full Version : slow motion in 192/163

Nite_Fire_Guard
11-15-2002, 12:31 PM
:cry: help!

i got both the dos version and the windows version of Zelda Classic and Zquest. The dos version operates just fine, but the windows version moves in slow motion and the editor takes 3 to 4 minutes to save a file.

Is there any way to speed up the program? I got windows 98, and 64 megs of ram.

VEL
11-15-2002, 01:01 PM
You computer is probably just too old to run this version at full speed, both versions run slow for me (the windows version is alot slower) and I have twice as much RAM as you do. You might be able to make ZC run faster when your playing by turning Vsync on or off. Also the next version of ZC should run full speed on your computer (when playing), but it still might take awhile to save.

Rose
11-15-2002, 02:04 PM
so thats why my saving took so long and such, Who knew

MottZilla
11-15-2002, 05:46 PM
The next version of ZC, as long as DN turns off the debug crap code and such, will be tons better. Hopefully he'll release one soon.

Qusetonui
11-15-2002, 09:13 PM
What is the point of a debug mode? All it does is make Zelda Classic go very slow and it may make your computer "lock up" or "freeze".

What is your RAM, Nite_Fire_Guard? The DOS version uses less RAM (Random Access Memory) while the Windows version uses more RAM?

Make sure you check "VSync" because it makes the computer a little faster. That should help your problem with Zelda Classic.

Teilyr
11-15-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Qusetonui
What is your RAM, Nite_Fire_Guard?
Originally posted by Nite_Fire_Guard
I got windows 98, and 64 megs of ram. Right. Very good job reading, Qusetonui.

Well anyway, get more ram, Nite. Convince your parents to get some, or whatever. It's cheap. Until then, just use the dos version.

Qusetonui
11-15-2002, 09:38 PM
I misread the 64 megabytes of RAM. Now you can smash me with the Super Smash Brothers' Hammer. j/k

The DOS version is the only avalible version on your computer, unless if DOS does not work for you. Even if the DOS version does not work or goes dreadfully slow, you might as well try an older version of Zelda Classic. That is the worst case scenario if your computer happens to have not enough RAM (for Beta 163).

Nite_Fire_Guard
11-15-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Teilyr
Well anyway, get more ram, Nite. Convince your parents to get some, or whatever. It's cheap. Until then, just use the dos version.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
actually! Im an old woman (30, meaning I beat the original Zelda before most of you kiddos was born). I've been considering upgrading this machine (Pentitum 100) for a while now. Its got a bunch of other problems besides the slow motion in 163. Anyway, thanks to all for your replies. Im just glad to find out whats been causing the trouble.:kawaii:

Teilyr
11-15-2002, 10:34 PM
Peh.. I'm 23. :tongue: I owned the gold cartridge of the original LoZ. :)

Zaggarum
11-16-2002, 10:41 PM
I am 15 and I own the gold cart for Z1, Z2, Z3, Z5, and Z6. :D Who else has the Z3 cart it is real rare!

Nite_Fire_Guard
11-16-2002, 11:31 PM
Z3? do you mean Link to the Past for the SNES? I have that one.
In fact, I got about 20 games for the SNES, if only I had an operating SNES to play them on. I also own Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time and an operating N64. (Ok, ok...its actually, my kiddo's system.) Oh, kiddo just informed me that LTTP is coming back out for the Game Boy Advance. And there's a new Zelda for the Game Cube, but from the reviews Ive seen in magazines, it looks silly and childish.

Zaggarum
11-16-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Nite_Fire_Guard
Z3? do you mean Link to the Past for the SNES? I have that one.
In fact, I got about 20 games for the SNES, if only I had an operating SNES to play them on. I also own Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time and an operating N64. (Ok, ok...its actually, my kiddo's system.) Oh, kiddo just informed me that LTTP is coming back out for the Game Boy Advance. And there's a new Zelda for the Game Cube, but from the reviews Ive seen in magazines, it looks silly and childish.

WHAT!? did you say childish!? *faints*

Oh how long was I out... The next Zelda game for the GCN is not Kiddish at all. The cartoon look may be a little misleading, but it is half from Childish. Any Zelda game is a good Zelda game.

Verbatim
11-18-2002, 07:09 PM
I was a little worried by the childish look to the OoS/OoA games, but they're pretty good, and added a lot of new puzzle types, so I hope it'll be the same with ZGC.

Not that I'll be getting it when it comes out...I'm not sure whether I'll be living in the US or Europe, so I can't really buy a GC right now, I can't tell what voltage (110 or 220) I'd need to get it for...I don't think they're universal voltage like computers.

That was a good way of putting it Zagg..."it is half from childish". lol

I don't think you could make a Zelda game that wasn't "half from childish"...they're all either for kids or for nostalgic adults, right?

Zaggarum
11-18-2002, 08:37 PM
Yes, Very well put Verbatim. :thumbsup: