PDA

View Full Version : DBZ lovers will be pleased...

Blonde799
11-14-2002, 09:45 PM
Man, and I thought GT was the last, but I'm glad there's one on the PS2 now.

http://dbzonps2.com/

Guess we didn't need to find any dragon balls to make this wish come true.:)

Flame Boy
11-14-2002, 10:09 PM
Don't get me wrong I love DBZ and my PS2. but the game probably won't be worthwhile, but I could be wrong. some games have great potential but there isn't enough time put into them and just aren't made to be the best they could've been. I've seen it many times but this may not be the case for this one.

Blonde799
11-14-2002, 10:17 PM
It's been in the making for about 2 years. Plus, looking at the movies, IMHO it's worth my christmas money.:)

Flame Boy
11-14-2002, 10:25 PM
2 years eh? wow I didn't know it had been in production for that long already. I've just recently started seeing previews for it in my PSM. Perhaps you are right about it being a good investment.

Blonde799
11-14-2002, 10:37 PM
Yes, it is apparently worth it. I've heard there are lots of goodies, and the action from the series is packed right in there, from the saiyan saga, to the cell games. My only gripe is that some of the move names are gay, like double sunday. The graphics are okay, not spectacular, but okay.:) A lot of people at the GF forums were bummed about trunks not using a sword, but I don't think that's a big deal.

Saffith
11-14-2002, 10:49 PM
It really ought to be cel-shaded...

The Dragon Ball series is easily one of the best franchises to base a fighting game on. They've tried several times, but I don't think they've ever really succeeded. I've yet to see one that really captures the feel of the show, aside from the part about a single fight lasting for several months. This one looks better than the earlier games by far, but I still don't think it'll quite succeed. But hopefully, it'll at least be a good game.

Blonde799
11-14-2002, 10:52 PM
Well, like I said, look at the movies, and conclude from there. From the looks of it though, it could be the beginning for a lot of good DBZ games.:)

Mak-X
11-14-2002, 11:39 PM
Want that...

It'd be nice if it went through all of Dragon Ball Z and included stuff from the Buu Saga.

MottZilla
11-15-2002, 02:11 AM
All the previous DBZ fighting games were alright but really lacked any depth. I doubt this one will be much different.

Blonde799
11-15-2002, 02:22 AM
We'll see. I've heard most of the secrets that were included, and it sounds like this will better the others.:)

Joshua Milton N
11-15-2002, 09:58 AM
I have heard about the new DBZ game that is coming out for the PS2 on a message board that talks about DBZ and DBZ related things like the games.

If anyones interested I'll post the URL in the Web Development forum at 10:03 A.M. my time.

Ibis, God of Magicks
11-15-2002, 12:16 PM
Personaly, I'vealwys been dissapointed with DB/DBZ/DbGT games. I always feel robbed. Like there just wasn't enough effort put into them. I mean, we're talking about a franchise that has limitless possibilites, but never really gets serious as far as the video game aspect goes.

Hopefully, this onewll change my opinion.

obi
11-15-2002, 03:18 PM
Beat em' ups are okay but after seeing Bid for Power, Beat em' ups don't do DBZ Justice anymore...