PDA

View Full Version : new.qst and james.qst re-releases...

Nightmare
11-14-2002, 04:33 PM
For all the newb's out there, how many people would be interested in playing these quests? They were from the original days of the ZC editor: Goodies, but difficult. Tell me what you think.

-NJS-

Jigglysaint
11-14-2002, 05:00 PM
Doesn't matter, all is good especially with the flamethrower.

Ganonator
11-14-2002, 05:48 PM
these two quests were the first 2 real custom quests that i played, and i was impressed (cause i didn't know any other tileset)

I loved new.qst.. it still holds a place in my ridgid, hating heart j/k :D

i'm all for new revisitations of these

Qusetonui
11-14-2002, 06:56 PM
First, go for New Quest then take care of James' Quest 1. New Quest was a nightmare of Wizzrobes, Darknuts and Like-Likes but Alucard survived those "deadly moments." Nightmare and Alucard mostly aims toward landscaping, which is a two-step process:

#1: Make sure your combos on one screen match each other (i.e. a part of the tree that matches with another part of the tree). This is a problem that Alucard does not tolerate. You are very close to beat a quest, walk a few screens... and you're stuck in an unwalkable combo. That is not acceptable to my standards!

#2: This is highly recommended on mountains, trees, lakes/rivers and castle walls. It looks very hard to do, but it can be done, rest assured.

Alucard remembers New Quest. This is a favorite of his but it gets hard pretty fast. Though this is an old quest, it should be played by any quester and it is a memory of mine.

Jigglysaint
11-14-2002, 07:25 PM
TGFTB(Thank Goodness For The Bomberang)

The homing wand is also good as well as well as the super bait and flamethrower and such. I love being a beta tester!

Ganonator
11-14-2002, 10:49 PM
is there something messed up with this board?? Jiggly has posted twice on this thread, both offtopic.. maybe its linked to a different thread and we don't know it (or wormholes DO exist!!)

AlphaDawg
11-15-2002, 04:10 PM
Do you plan to remake these quests or simply re-release them? If you're going to re-release them, go for it. If you're going to re-make them, I'd hold off on that a bit, release a full JQ2 and whatever that other quest you were working on was called (I can't remember the name right now).

Nightmare
11-16-2002, 02:31 AM
I plan on re-releasing the originals, in all their glory.

BTW, someone know where I can pick up B 163?

-NJS-

AlphaDawg
11-16-2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Nightmare
BTW, someone know where I can pick up B 163?There's a download link at the bottom of every page at, uh, that other ZC forum.

Teilyr
11-16-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Nightmare
I plan on re-releasing the originals, in all their glory.

BTW, someone know where I can pick up B 163?

-NJS-

Top of the forum mate. :)

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63100

Jigglysaint
11-16-2002, 07:19 PM
I'm done leve 7(again) and I was wondering what the meaning of the room that has the letters "DX"? Are they from when PM called the game Zelda DX or somthing, or does it mean somthing else?

AlphaDawg
11-16-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Teilyr

Top of the forum mate. :)

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63100 Arrrrgh! Sometimes I get so dead-set on a particular response I don't even think of the possibility of a simpler method.

Zaggarum
11-16-2002, 09:42 PM
Hey I would like to see thes quests Nightmare. Setup a link.

Nightmare
11-17-2002, 12:42 AM
Oh, it's just my fascination with Degeneration X. Call it a Nightmare specialty when I first made the quest up. :)

BTW, anyone know of a non-ZCN place to get 163, or am I screwed?

-NJS-

Zaggarum
11-17-2002, 11:59 PM
Why can't you get 163 here at AGN?

Jigglysaint
11-18-2002, 12:09 AM
I knew it! Why else were you called NWO Whammy at ZCN! BTW that was my first assumption when I first saw the DX formation.

FYI, in the demo.qst, there's a block formation that spells AG, back when AGN was only called Armageddon Games.