PDA

View Full Version : 2 things...text and ladder...

eatyourneighbors
11-14-2002, 12:11 PM
two more things...my text color doesnt seem to be the color that i have it set to be...both text and caption are set to be 00x1f, which when i'm looking at the pallette are white, but when actually playing the game, are dark grey and virtually impossible to read...any ideas as to why?
(nevermind...figured that out...if i had been a good little questmaker, i would've read some of the other posts first...in my shame, i contemplate hari kari...however the answer to the next question still elludes me... )

and another thing...i found that if a pit combo is made unwalkable, link walks over it with the ladder...besides taking the ladder out of the game, any way to fix this?

thanks

Praethus
11-14-2002, 02:48 PM
There is a screen flag called, Use Ladder or something like that. Just make sure it is unchecked.

Edit: Also, the ladder will only go over certain combos. Water, Ladder only, and Hookshot over. I think.

Tygore
11-14-2002, 06:11 PM
HS over doesn't do ladder. That's the whole reason of it over Ladder Only. Also, Ladder is (currently) always activated in dungeons.

Qusetonui
11-14-2002, 07:01 PM
Tygore, the ladder has always worked with water in dungeons since the NES. If we did not have the ladder working with water, then many quests would be broken (my quest would be).

Hookshot Over does too use the ladder in beta 163. It is basically the same thing as Ladder only.

Jigglysaint
11-14-2002, 07:29 PM
Pit combos should not be solid since the point of them is to actually walk on them. That has as much point as a solid stairs combo, or a walkable water combo or using the undefined combo.

eatyourneighbors
11-15-2002, 12:26 AM
very good point my friend...but where i ran into trouble was where i made the bottom of a 2 tile wide stairway into a pit combo (the center half of each tiles was supposed to be a pit warp while the outsides were the railings, and were supposed to be unwalkable...). instead, link was able to walk right over the railings...this was no good...i'll have to rethink my methods...

Jigglysaint
11-15-2002, 01:53 AM
Yes, try layers for that. Layer 2 should make good railings.