PDA

View Full Version : free form dungeon...?

eatyourneighbors
11-13-2002, 09:34 PM
any way to get the solid walls out of the dungeon to create a more free form dungeon? of course there is always just doing it as an overworld with a dmap of 0 and using overheads for the doorways, but then alas...no shutters, no keys, right? or are we pretty much stuck with the walls as it stands? just curious if there are any more new fun things ive yet to learn about.

thanks.

Rose
11-13-2002, 09:53 PM
only thing i know of is changing the dungeon to cave so you can walk about anywhere and make the walls how you want them to be placed, Instead of the doors entrances being only in the middle all the time you can have them in any part of the screen you want and not get blocked by the invisble wall if you had dungeon instead of cave. i hope you understood that might sound confusing

Zaggarum
11-14-2002, 12:09 AM
I don't make dungeons with the templates setup. Look at some of the quests by the older Zquesters

Cloral
11-14-2002, 05:34 AM
You can do shutters (kinda) in the setup Rose described by using the enemies->secret flag.

My favorite trick it to combine both freeform and dungeon in one level. Then you can have wide-open areas without losing the ability to have locked doors now and again. You need to have 2 dmaps that are are identical except that one is set as a dungeon and the other a cave. Use sidewarps to move between the 2. My quest demo (see my sig) uses this technique.

Zaggarum
11-16-2002, 10:21 PM
Yeah thats what I meant to say. Listen to Cloral.