PDA

View Full Version : What they should have in Counter-Strike

3-Headed Monkey
11-13-2002, 09:20 PM
In Counter-Strike, the mod for Half-Life, they should have a heartbeat sensor, like in Rainbow 6. Think about it, it would be almost completely useless against the people who actually PLAY and keep moving around, but you could also spot campers!

Thoughts please?

mikeron
11-14-2002, 04:13 PM
I don't know, stealth is a big part of the game. It'd be good to get rid of campers, but they aren't that bad anyway: after a few kills, they get spotted and taken out. The process of sneaking around would be eliminated though, and it'd just be Day of Defeat.

3-Headed Monkey
11-14-2002, 05:29 PM
That IS a good point...
This was actually something I thought of off the top of my head... I just hate campers. The only reason someone would camp is because they are really horrible players and want kills.

El Oso Verde
11-14-2002, 05:32 PM
Actually, I think that if you see an enemy, they should appear as a red dot on your whole team's radar. And once they are out of your view there should be a hollow red dot where they were last seen. That would encourage campers to move, and be a pretty damn cool feature anyways.

3-Headed Monkey
11-14-2002, 10:31 PM
I'm basically always trying to find a way to keep campers out of cs... I mean, a lot of those servers have rules about them, but they always end up a debate about what camping is.

I THINK: Camping is if you stay there, and don't move, in a place where no one sees you, and just shoot people as they walk by. Hiding behind a crate for about 5 seconds when you know someone is coming is fine. Advancing by going from one cover to the other is fine. Just as long as you're not trying to hide how good you are by cheap tactics.

I also hate when people say that "Camping is a part of the game, and can be a good military tactic" or whatever. I hate this because people don't realize something, it isn't a real combat situation. Real combat ISN'T FUN. And in real combat, it would camp all the time because if I went out into a real battle, I'd have to change my shorts.

mikeron
11-15-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by El Oso Verde
Actually, I think that if you see an enemy, they should appear as a red dot on your whole team's radar. And once they are out of your view there should be a hollow red dot where they were last seen. That would encourage campers to move, and be a pretty damn cool feature anyways. That's a really good idea. It would encourage scouting as part of a team's strategy.