PDA

View Full Version : Fixing an SNES controller.

Dart Zaidyer
11-13-2002, 05:16 PM
Anyone know how to fix an SNES controller? Mine is about gone... The buttons are pretty mushy, and Start is essentially finished.

Any tools or special items I need to re-sproing the buttons?

stormwatcheagle
11-13-2002, 05:23 PM
It's the circuit pads that touch the board. If they're worn down, you're gonna have to buy another. You don't wanna buy new pads.

mike5000
11-13-2002, 06:57 PM
hmmm, I tried to fix a Snes controller once, and I thought I did a damn good job! But when I plugged it back into the consol....the controller was fucked!!!!11

LOL

The Savior
11-13-2002, 07:11 PM
Yeah, it's not worth your time to fix it. Just head over to ebay and buy a new one.

Immortal Warrior
11-13-2002, 07:34 PM
You can fix them if the buttons go... i did to mine.. I cant remember if it has a rubber pad or springs under the buttons though... if theres a problem with the wiring or the board theres really no point trying... I fixed my NES controller to :D

Dart Zaidyer
11-13-2002, 07:57 PM
My only problem is that the buttons are going squishy, they don't click like they should. And I have to punch Start and hold it down before it responds... I just want to make 'em press correcty again.

Rose
11-13-2002, 08:12 PM
hmmm i forget i know i fixed mine before though saved me some cash on buying a new one but it was the turning on going left and right on which i had to fix not the buttons so i really have no clue though

imported_Cool_Link
11-13-2002, 11:26 PM
I have fixed meny of my NES SNES and N64 controllers. :D

Flash Man
11-13-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Cool_Link
I have fixed meny of my NES SNES and N64 controllers. :D
Yet you say nothing to help.

Try opening it up and cleaning it off a little. That might help a bit.

MottZilla
11-14-2002, 12:11 AM
Well, if you take it apart and look how well it's moving and if its making contact on the board correctly you can fairly easily figure out the problem. Anyways, SNES pads are really cheap and a new one is likely the best route.

inori
11-14-2002, 12:51 AM
I fixed a broken Playstation controller once; it had a problem with one button (I don't remember exactly what was going wrong). That controller still works, by the way... :kawaii:

You might as well just take the thing apart and see if you can figure out what's broken. If you can find the problem, you may be able to fix it... if not, the worst thing that's likely to happen is that the controller is unusable, and you have to get a new one. It sounds like you're nearly at that point anyway.

Dart Zaidyer
11-14-2002, 11:35 AM
So you've all fixed your controller's buttons, fine and dandy. Now if you could just explain how to do it, which is the point of this entire thread.

Demimore
11-15-2002, 06:03 AM
Open it. Then take a piece of cloth and wet it in alcohol or something, now rub the cloth on the black plates that the buttons push, afterwards it will be MUCH better.

mike5000
11-15-2002, 02:05 PM
That is what I did and my controller was screwed!

Rose
11-15-2002, 02:16 PM
I never used a cloth or alcohol to clean my stuff i just opened the controller and cleaned it up and took everything apart and put it back together again making sure nothing was caught inside or i messed with the wiring and fixed that.