PDA

View Full Version : Possible new AGN adopted project? (READ THIS)

AlexMax
11-12-2002, 06:07 PM
A long time ago, before I came here, I was in the Megazeux (MZX) community. It was a text-based game creation system with a world editor very similar to ZQuest. Unfortuniatly, politics almost destoryed it, and the reamining community leaves much to be desired compared with what it used to be.

http://www.digitalmzx.net/forums/

Look at the number of topics in the main forum. 1,200 in the entire existance of those forums? Think what the interest in ZC would be like if there was only 1,200 threads in the main ZC forum.

Also, if you will look, there is no real clear direction where MZX is going. Ever since the source code was released under the GNU Public Licecnce (after the creator of MZX decidedd to quit),the project split off into different versions, with MZX 2.6 made by Exophase (Which is technically the next 'official' release), MZX Spider 2.51s3.2, MZX Akwendle 1.0, and more.

What if we adopted Exophase's official continuation and gave it a community like AGN? AGN has lots of members, and that means lots of people who will be exposed to it. Also, with a programing forum to ask questions of people accomplished with this sort of thing, and possible ways to make it more accessable (which is what transformed ZC into what it is today) we could do many many things with it. Exo used to go at it alone, but we could provide him a little support web here.

Now, unlike someone else I know, I will ask Exo if he wants to join AGN. If he refuses, I won't attempt to keep asking, nor will I box him into a corner (although since there are many many people who make their own versions, they might be possibilities. Still...). The thing is, MZX is a cool product, which I think has been neglected for much too long.

Also, if you are from DigitalMZX or are related to MZX, I am not putting down your site at all. I am simply trying to get something started here that might bring back the days when games were released pretty often and there was a large community behind it.

Any comments on this? More information on MZX and what it is can be found here.

http://www.digitalmzx.net

Paradox
11-12-2002, 08:58 PM
you're trying to get him hosted for popularity?

AlexMax
11-12-2002, 09:08 PM
For me, no.

For MZX, defeniatly. That is quite an underrated GCS and can be quite cool if you know what you are doing.

gdorf
11-12-2002, 09:32 PM
Sounds cool, have you talked to any admins?

AlexMax
11-12-2002, 09:57 PM
Actually, this whole point is pretty much moot now. I asked exo, and he didn't agree that popularity would be the best thing for MZX. We parted, and that's that.